Assault/obstacle courses and monkey bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here partake in obstacle courses?

Any tips for completing monkey bars please? I can hang with 2 arms for up to a minute but I am hopeless if I hang with one arm - 5 seconds max(fnarrr fnaaaarrr) etc. I can do pull-ups and chin-ups but cannot move across the bar!!!!

Does anyone here partake in obstacle courses?

Any tips for completing monkey bars please? I can hang with 2 arms for up to a minute but I am hopeless if I hang with one arm - 5 seconds max(fnarrr fnaaaarrr) etc. I can do pull-ups and chin-ups but cannot move across the bar!!!!
Done Total Warrior about 4 times and No Ego once.
As said above, monkey bars are about momentum. Once on the first one, make sure you get enough swing about you to reach the next one. It's best not to rush it

Thanks. How do I get the sher-wing please? On YouTube there was one method where you sort of pedal with your legs.

Some people seem to just bend one arm and get momentum and stretch out for the next bar.

221 lbs = 8-9 wide grip pull ups

203 lbs = 20+

( also consider i'm weaker after dieting )

in my opinion dropping fat ( if an option ) would be the biggest help

Ta I am about 72kg/160 lbs and I did 3 sets of 6 pull-ups last night, I could probably do about 10 in one go.

I could drop a bit of lard but I am still a bit weak with upper body strength.

Thats way better than average fella, just keep blasting out the pull ups ( pull up bar at home is winner ) and try shed some weight.

Strength up, weight down , and you’re looking at the 15+ range.

Consider with monkey bars the ROM aint like a pull up, so a bit easier. Grip strength and as the others have said technique... very achievable goal if you go for it.

Good luck with it, its there if you want it!

Thats way better than average fella, just keep blasting out the pull ups ( pull up bar at home is winner ) and try shed some weight.

Strength up, weight down , and you’re looking at the 15+ range.

Consider with monkey bars the ROM aint like a pull up, so a bit easier. Grip strength and as the others have said technique... very achievable goal if you go for it.

Good luck with it, its there if you want it!
Thanks Richie (?) I have been hanging from a bar at the end of each gym session. Partly to improve grip for deadlift and partly because I want to win £20 at a fairground next year where they have a challenge to hang for 2 minutes.

Thanks Richie (?) I have been hanging from a bar at the end of each gym session. Partly to improve grip for deadlift and partly because I want to win £20 at a fairground next year where they have a challenge to hang for 2 minutes.

Haha good goal, youtube forearm exercises. Thats a specific muscle group you’ll have to focus on for that.

Once knew a lad who cleaned carpets, i was stronger in gym on everything by like 20kg, grip strength .... wow. At a party once and some one brought out these captain crunch grippers, we barely got 10. He got 100 then clenched it at end for like 30 seconds. Said it was off lifting heavy machinery at work all day.

But just showed, him training it unknowingly every day put him on another level to everyone else.

Haha good goal, youtube forearm exercises. Thats a specific muscle group you’ll have to focus on for that.

Once knew a lad who cleaned carpets, i was stronger in gym on everything by like 20kg, grip strength .... wow. At a party once and some one brought out these captain crunch grippers, we barely got 10. He got 100 then clenched it at end for like 30 seconds. Said it was off lifting heavy machinery at work all day.

But just showed, him training it unknowingly every day put him on another level to everyone else.
Thanks again ... yes if I did it all again I’d find a more manually intensive job so I wouldn’t have to train at a gym.

A lot of brickies and plasterers have forearms like monster crabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back