Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Thought I had finished the main story last night after going back to Norway with Sigurd, but seemingly not.

Mind going back to Norway was one of the most tedious things I have done in a game recently.

I must be the only person who couldn't get into god of war.

I didn’t first time round either but gave it another shot. It takes a few hours to click but once the combat clicks with you it’s sooo good.

Just started properly getting into this on PS5. Any tips on upgrading skills etc?

Just started properly getting into this on PS5. Any tips on upgrading skills etc?
I’d just find the weapon you like most and concentrate on upgrading that and getting to dual wield two large weapons. If you’ve played origins or odyssey you’ll know already. I like the large spears so just stuck with those. As for the upgrade of skills I just let it auto do that, theres so many of them you’d be there for yonks trying to pick them. scan around occasionally for the bigger skills and if you see anything you particularly like work towards that

Just incase anyone else thinks they are going insane then there is a bug in yesterday's update which has removed the horse hoof noises when you are riding around.

Just got Excalibur - complete all the Treasures of Britain, then kill three mahoosive zealots - and I have all the skill points, so I can basically fuck anyone and anything over :cool:. Going around killing off those tedious 'legendary animals' and the Daughters of Lerion at the moment.

Just got Excalibur - complete all the Treasures of Britain, then kill three mahoosive zealots - and I have all the skill points, so I can basically fuck anyone and anything over :cool:. Going around killing off those tedious 'legendary animals' and the Daughters of Lerion at the moment.
You get the isu bow and spear yet?

You get the isu bow and spear yet?
Got the bow through that bug that was identified a while ago. Not got the spear - not sure I can yet cos I’m already on the boss fight with Basim and I think you can only get the spear afterwards - can’t see a way to get out of the fight and get it, then go back in.

Just got it yesterday. Found the zealots quite easy even at level 250 ish. Have to say I think I prefer the fully upgraded legendary hammer to Excalibur when fighting more that one enemy.

Tried the daughters of lerion a few times now and got knacked on each attempt. Might need to level up some more.
Just got it yesterday. Found the zealots quite easy even at level 250 ish. Have to say I think I prefer the fully upgraded legendary hammer to Excalibur when fighting more that one enemy.

Tried the daughters of lerion a few times now and got knacked on each attempt. Might need to level up some more.

That's the blacksmiths hammer not Thor's btw.

Last edited:
Spent an hour this morning doing Easter stuff around Ravensthorpe :lol:

Has anyone cleared the map or do you just move on with the story as it goes?

Spent an hour this morning doing Easter stuff around Ravensthorpe :lol:

Has anyone cleared the map or do you just move on with the story as it goes?
'Cleared the map'? You mean done the mysteries and treasures and stuff? I do a bit of both - bit of storyline, then a bit of roaming around clearing up the map. Except I leave those 'matrix puzzle' mysteries - can't be arsed with them.

Has anyone got any of the add-ons? The Paris siege, Ireland episode etc? Wondering if it's worth it.

'Cleared the map'? You mean done the mysteries and treasures and stuff? I do a bit of both - bit of storyline, then a bit of roaming around clearing up the map. Except I leave those 'matrix puzzle' mysteries - can't be arsed with them.

Has anyone got any of the add-ons? The Paris siege, Ireland episode etc? Wondering if it's worth it.

Yeah I mean pretty much 100% it. I normally try to with games but this one seems mammoth.

Ireland one isn't out till 29th april, no idea on the Paris one. Wish they would hurry up though.

I bought the full dlc when I got it but none have been released yet. Ireland o e was due to be March but got put back

100% all mysteries, missions, treasures in all areas, completed the raids and got the season things, my life is a living joke.

It's not like there is anything else to do at the minute. I'm working through like that, about 3/4 through now and collected everything along the way. Got Excalibur and nearly up to level 400 so there isn't actually a great deal of challenge left.

Question for you seasoned assassins creed players. I played the first few assassins creed years ago and hated it. Main reason was I don’t do stealth very well and like the option of fighting my way through. Does this game allow you to do that these days? I don’t mind a little bit stealth, just not all the time.

I love the Viking theme and the story looks great. Is it worth pulling the plug?

Question for you seasoned assassins creed players. I played the first few assassins creed years ago and hated it. Main reason was I don’t do stealth very well and like the option of fighting my way through. Does this game allow you to do that these days? I don’t mind a little bit stealth, just not all the time.

I love the Viking theme and the story looks great. Is it worth pulling the plug?

Yea I blast my way through most of it. The choice is their for either though. It's fun mixing it up.

Back