Assassin's Creed Valhalla

It's not like there is anything else to do at the minute. I'm working through like that, about 3/4 through now and collected everything along the way. Got Excalibur and nearly up to level 400 so there isn't actually a great deal of challenge left.
...... I've also completed ac2, brotherhood, revelation, ac3, blackflag, rogue, unity and gave up syndicate. .... Since November

Think I’ve just got the last Asgard bit to do storyline wise. Assuming nothing else pops out. Properly can’t be arsed with it as it just seems so pointless.
Question for you seasoned assassins creed players. I played the first few assassins creed years ago and hated it. Main reason was I don’t do stealth very well and like the option of fighting my way through. Does this game allow you to do that these days? I don’t mind a little bit stealth, just not all the time.

I love the Viking theme and the story looks great. Is it worth pulling the plug?

Very much gives you the option. I like to eliminate a good number of enemies with stealth then start swinging the hammer.

...... I've also completed ac2, brotherhood, revelation, ac3, blackflag, rogue, unity and gave up syndicate. .... Since November
Jesus, as in FULLY completed them all?? thats insane.

I quite enjoyed syndicate after the mess that was unity (although I believe its a lot better now than it was on release)

It's not like there is anything else to do at the minute. I'm working through like that, about 3/4 through now and collected everything along the way. Got Excalibur and nearly up to level 400 so there isn't actually a great deal of challenge left.
I've got Excalibur, and the spear, and the bow and maxed out ability points - now on to Mastery points. Basically invincible, so you can stroll into camps and just start windmilling :)

Some of the mysteries are hilarious. Just did one for a “king” of a tiny island on one of the rivers. :lol:

Think I’ve just got the last Asgard bit to do storyline wise. Assuming nothing else pops out. Properly can’t be arsed with it as it just seems so pointless.

Very much gives you the option. I like to eliminate a good number of enemies with stealth then start swinging the hammer.
I am absolutely hated doing that, seemed utterly pointless and added nothing to the game.

I am absolutely hated doing that, seemed utterly pointless and added nothing to the game.

I hated the whole Asgard and Jotunheim nonsense. Getting those 30/33 crystals took the best part of a weekend although it did push me over the 409 level threshold in the end. Glad it's all over. Got the last 3 story arcs to go now and then hopefully finished just in time for the expansion. Did some river raids last night and found them a bit dull compared to the real raids - hope it gets better.

Why'd you give up on Syndicate? I'm up to that one next, played them all in order (not since November like) since about 2007...

I was gonna give Syndicate a crack soon, keen to know why you bailed on it?

Why'd you give up on Syndicate? I'm up to that one next, played them all in order (not since November like) since about 2007...

I was gonna give Syndicate a crack soon, keen to know why you bailed on it?
After unity I was pretty burnt out but the game just didn't click for me, the streets seemed empty, you get a grappling hook that seems almost magical in its abilities, the story didn't hook me in and the main characters didn't either.
I meant to go back and play it again but after 20 minutes I got bored and went onto origin.

Yea I blast my way through most of it. The choice is their for either though. It's fun mixing it up.

Thanks to you both! Played for a few hours and really enjoyed it so far. Me and the Mrs (no) are playing through it together doing 30 minutes each.

Last edited:
Finished the main storyline. All a bit of an anti-climax - got the last cultist medallion, had a bit of a chat with the guy who just handed it over, returned it to Hytham then that was it.

Finished the main storyline. All a bit of an anti-climax - got the last cultist medallion, had a bit of a chat with the guy who just handed it over, returned it to Hytham then that was it.

Just finished it last night as well. Was expecting some massive battle at the end and it was all a relative anti-climax. Got all the legendary weapons now as well so just going to finish off the few remaining side quests and try and platinum it before the DLC comes out.

Just finished it last night as well. Was expecting some massive battle at the end and it was all a relative anti-climax. Got all the legendary weapons now as well so just going to finish off the few remaining side quests and try and platinum it before the DLC comes out.
I found out that if you complete all of the animus anomalies, you get a video that reveals stuff about the storyline. Can't be arsed with them though. Might just go fishing instead.

I found out that if you complete all of the animus anomalies, you get a video that reveals stuff about the storyline. Can't be arsed with them though. Might just go fishing instead.

Yea done all them. Having never played another AC game apart from the very first one it made absolutely no sense. I couldn't care less about the Itsu nonsense, I'm just there to pillage really.

Back