Assassin's Creed Valhalla

real late to the party - bought this earlier in the week and just put 3-4 hours into it, think it’s class so far

haven’t played an AC probably a decade and fancied something different

don’t want to go to work tomorrow now :lol:

It's one of those games I wish I could experience again from the beginning for the first time. I'm about to pass the 300hr mark now. No way normally I could devote that to a game but there was nothing else to do in lockdown.

It's one of those games I wish I could experience again from the beginning for the first time. I'm about to pass the 300hr mark now. No way normally I could devote that to a game but there was nothing else to do in lockdown.
only just started the game and i can already tell i’ll be gutted when it’s over

plus it was only £15! going to get plenty hours out of it. great value for money

only just started the game and i can already tell i’ll be gutted when it’s over

plus it was only £15! going to get plenty hours out of it. great value for money

Yea as far as value for money goes it's about as good as you get. Some people think it's an awful grind but I enjoyed a lot of the side quests. Some are shit but they are made up for with ones like Bash the Bishop and Ploughing the Field - you'll know what I'm on about as soon as you get to them.

Doubt I'll ever be in the situation in my life again when I can devote such much time to a game - made me feel like I was 16 again and had a massive summer holiday with absolutely no responsibilities.

After the first chapter that I finished last night I thought WTF?
Then looked at the walkthrough and realised that I had only completed a small amout of the game after having it for about 6 months.

Ive got Valhalla sitting there waiting to start. Im only a few hours into Odyssey and Ive just got off the 1st island :lol:
I played like 10 hours and then the title screen came up. I bailed at that point. Think I was fatigued after playing through Origins for 60 odd hours immediately before so may go back to it at some point.

I played like 10 hours and then the title screen came up. I bailed at that point. Think I was fatigued after playing through Origins for 60 odd hours immediately before so may go back to it at some point.

Yea it's a significant investment in time. I'm at 300 hrs now but thats just because there was nothing else to do during lock down. Ordinarily I'd never be able to devote anything like that to a game.

Doubt I’ll get another AC purely because of the length of time it takes to complete one, especially now I’ve got a 2 month old. Shame because the story and gameplay are usually brilliant.

140 hours it took me to finish Valhalla - absolutely ridiculous. I found the side missions where you visit Jotunheim etc… particularly tedious.

Anyone had any issues with this game on pc?

It's so unstable for me constant ctd like every time I play. Getting pissed off now as I've ran the fixes ubi suggest and now the pos won't even launch.

It's so unstable for me constant ctd like every time I play. Getting pissed off now as I've ran the fixes ubi suggest and now the pos won't even launch.
only time i’ve ever has problems was when my drivers weren’t up to date. sharp fixed my issues when drivers were updated

Bought the season pass for this as I’m struggling to get into anything atm. Loaded it up and realised I’ve now idea how to play it anymore. Brought up the skill tree and 😳

Just started playing the ireland expansion on this, jesus the irish accents are something else, its like watching darby o gill and the little people!!

i was getting a fair few crashes, I deleted the cache folder from my documents and it has been running better recently.

Apparently theres a issue with the engine they refuse to fix though .

Theres also some free stuff you can get on twitch if you have amazon/twitch prime

Had a look on the store and couldn’t see any games I fancied so downloaded the Ireland DLC for this last night. Will hopefully get to start it tonight.

Had a look on the store and couldn’t see any games I fancied so downloaded the Ireland DLC for this last night. Will hopefully get to start it tonight.
Ireland and France DLC both reduced to £9.99 atm. A lot of content for the money, one of the best looking games I've seen.

If you pick up a second hand copy of the game for £20 then get the above DLCs it is a huge amount of content for the money!

EDIT - Just checked, you can get a new copy for £20 now. Makes TLOU PS5 remaster look very expensive!

Last edited:
Didn't intend to get into this but I have been playing it for a few days and its class. Just feel t is far too big to keep me gripped to complete it though.

Back