Assassins Creed Origins

It was a great game but like all assassins creed games even when they're the good ones they kinda become a bit of a chore towards the end.

Really? pretty sure I bought the season pass but not sure if I actually played any of it tbh

edit. actually did the hidden ones, didnt find that too hard?

Yeah that was the first one, it I thought it was canny hard, some of the bosses but I did it. The second one, Curse of the pharoes I gave up on. Mind you I don't have a great amount of patience like

Played half an hour of it and did enjoy it and was stunning in 4k. Like one of the best looking games I played. But I realised after looking at the map that it was just going to be the same thing over and over and over again throughout like the rest so sold it

Played half an hour of it and did enjoy it and was stunning in 4k. Like one of the best looking games I played. But I realised after looking at the map that it was just going to be the same thing over and over and over again throughout like the rest so sold it
I'm tempted to sell it because although it's supposed to be an easy platinum I've read it's just 35-40 hours of repetition.

Really enjoyed it, the DLC was solid although I preferred Curse of the Pharaohs over Hidden Ones. The Thebes area is great and the interpretation of the Egyptian afterlife is interesting. Storyline is unspectular, much like the main game. I thought it tailed off and became much of muchness after a few hours in - but is was still really fun for me. Love the customisation and choice of weapons which is far more expansive compared to previous years.

Will buy the next one, Ancient Greece being the setting I believe but not a day one purchase for me. Not sure how the setting will fit into the timeline as I was under the assumption that this year’s was the origin - but this must be set around a century or two prior to this release?

Really enjoyed it, the DLC was solid although I preferred Curse of the Pharaohs over Hidden Ones. The Thebes area is great and the interpretation of the Egyptian afterlife is interesting. Storyline is unspectular, much like the main game. I thought it tailed off and became much of muchness after a few hours in - but is was still really fun for me. Love the customisation and choice of weapons which is far more expansive compared to previous years.

Will buy the next one, Ancient Greece being the setting I believe but not a day one purchase for me. Not sure how the setting will fit into the timeline as I was under the assumption that this year’s was the origin - but this must be set around a century or two prior to this release?

Yeah I think I'll be doing the same. Waiting for the price to drop. I only paid about $24 for this one.

They'll find some way to skew the narrative. Creation of the gods or something and integrate that.

Is black flag any good? Ubisoft sale on psn store at the minute and it’s only £7 or £8. Worth it? Never played any of the assassins creed games.

They'll find some way to skew the narrative. Creation of the gods or something and integrate that.

Aye probably marra. Should be fun nonetheless.

Is black flag any good? Ubisoft sale on psn store at the minute and it’s only £7 or £8. Worth it? Never played any of the assassins creed games.

Class mate, one of the best in the series for me. You don’t necessassrily need to be familiar with the context of the game as a whole to enjoy it so I wouldn’t let that deter you

Last edited:

What's their interpretation mate?

What's their interpretation mate?

I’m by no means an expert and have only ever casually read re the Ancient Egyptian afterlife but I find AC interpretation being that each area of the afterlife is reserved and built around a particular ruler as opposed to the generic view of the field of reeds, which is actually shown to be the afterlife of Nefertiti in game, interesting. Off the top of my head I believe that Ramesses II afterlife is depicted as a war torn, barren desert - symbolic of his reign and his ventures into the Levantine area. Kadesh is also shown as a location in game.

I guess this is reinforced by the belief that only rulers had Ba, a soul, and thus merited these paradises (each to their own!) to be built around them in as they moved into the afterlife. Maybe?

On another note the absence of Gods, the likes of Osiris, Isis etc and the main characters journey into the afterlife ( which takes about 30 seconds ) is dumbed down and contradicts my understanding of what it would “look” like. They can fit this into canon by saying that the pre cursor humanoids that you encounter in the earlier games were actually the Gods, or Egyptian dieties were an interpretation of them, and at the time of the games they only appear in Ridley Scott esque cameos.

Right, I’m going for a pint because I feel sad as fuck :oops::lol:

Back