Assassin's Creed Origins

have it pre-ordered, looking forward to it, syndicate was fun, this looks a lot better.

Wolfenstein 2 out same day. Hasnt been anything decent in ages then two on the same day.

Haven't bought an Assasins Creed game for years so may pick it up. Not sure how much play time it will get with COD WW2 round the corner though..

Shit stealth shit parkour and shit combat

And still the greatest game series of all time love assassins creed can’t wait for Friday

Because pre-orders and micro transactions are the work of digital Beelzebub.
Give owa man, the concept of pre ordering a game isnt killing the industry it's the practice of selling unfinished products at launch, with multiple thousands of DLC as a beta test to consumers at full retail.

Ubisoft may be the worlds worst game developer but Pre ordering games is a choice to consumers, Micro Transactions are a cun.ts trick granted but only if they are implemented in a way that neccesitates buying them to complete the game, see Dead Space 3 for this.
I can take them or leave them, until they become mandatory to pass arbitrary difficult spikes.
I refuse to buy in game cash etc because its a false economy to me much like buying itunes vouchers etc, im fundamentally opposed to gift cards because i can spend money in any shop, i don't need to buy a voucher that enables me to spend in a specific store, in game currency the same, pointless expenditure .
Basically screaming to you 'heres £20 you can spend anywhere, now buy this pointless voucher that enables you to spend your voucher in this one limited store'

Even as a kid i gave back gift vouchers, not being an arsehole but because it's specific storefront capitalism, selling something that is unneccesary as a viable gift.

Give owa man, the concept of pre ordering a game isnt killing the industry it's the practice of selling unfinished products at launch, with multiple thousands of DLC as a beta test to consumers at full retail.

Ubisoft may be the worlds worst game developer but Pre ordering games is a choice to consumers, Micro Transactions are a cun.ts trick granted but only if they are implemented in a way that neccesitates buying them to complete the game, see Dead Space 3 for this.
I can take them or leave them, until they become mandatory to pass arbitrary difficult spikes.
I refuse to buy in game cash etc because its a false economy to me much like buying itunes vouchers etc, im fundamentally opposed to gift cards because i can spend money in any shop, i don't need to buy a voucher that enables me to spend in a specific store, in game currency the same, pointless expenditure .
Basically screaming to you 'heres £20 you can spend anywhere, now buy this pointless voucher that enables you to spend your voucher in this one limited store'

Even as a kid i gave back gift vouchers, not being an arsehole but because it's specific storefront capitalism, selling something that is unneccesary as a viable gift.
Don’t you see how the pre-order culture facilitates this? Or can cause it with the enforcement of a specific release date? By committing to buy the games months before they are finished we are perpetuating this circle of unfinished, broken releases. They know the customer base exists because they’ve already signed up. It’s a bit like counting season ticket sales at the match even if they don’t turn up, because they’ve had their money anyway.

I’ll wait until I see a few reviews, thank you. Unless I’m invested in the series, for the rare game like GTA or Red Dead (and rockstar seem one of the last companies with any integrity). Games companies have even shitted on this practice by forbidding reviewers to submit reviews till the last minute, or in the case of Bethesda, stopping review copies so ‘everyone experiences the game at the same time’.

So, you ‘give owa man’, and leave me to my low expectations of ethics in the gaming industry.

Liked the Black Flag one, really want a good pirate type game like that but more to it. Played the last one which if I can remember was canny!? Looking forward to this one, looks nice. Just hope they had added plenty of stuff to do in it as it gets a bit boring doing the same grindy shite over and over. Give us a character, buildings, skills, something, anything to work on and things to actually buy that do something with our cash.

Back