Assassins creed Odyssey

Have got it as my brother gave me his copy which he'd clocked. Haven't even installed it yet as I'm too into Red Dead 2 and FIFA 20. Had a bash on my brother's last year and the map seemed massive. I absolutely loved Origins mind, but anything Egyptian I find romantic and fascinating.

You talking about the game right???

On sale on PS4 atm. It is worth a buy?

I've never played a Assassins Creed game so don't know what to expect. Some of the reviews mention there's an element of grinding to actually move the story on. Is this true?

I usually like an assassins creed game but this was just too big. Spent a load of time on it and still only finished about 20% of the map doing the same thing over and over again.
Just got bored and sacked it off

I think it’s a good game, definitely worth it if it’s in the sale. Hadn’t played any assassins creed since 3 but picked it back up with origins and this and enjoyed them both.

moved onto the DLC no and I’m about 90 hours in. You can actually do it a lot quicker if you want, I just wanted to get the platinum but there’s loads to do. Not enjoying the Atlantis dlc as much but I think I probably need a bit of a break before getting back to it

It's a good game but prefer Origins. I wouldn't say there's a grind to it, you might find youre underleveled for the main story missions but just do a couple of side missions. If you want to bring your armour and weapons with you as you level you might have to gring upgrade materials.

Would recommend getting the edition with the dlc as it really adds to the story and is quite good imo.

I've never played a Assassins Creed game so don't know what to expect. Some of the reviews mention there's an element of grinding to actually move the story on. Is this true?

It is but why have you never played an AC game? They are class, well most of them. I would recommend the remastered Ezio collection first. The earlier games were much more assassiny, Origins is nowt like what the series started out as.

Black Flag, & Syndicate are also excellent games.

It is but why have you never played an AC game? They are class, well most of them. I would recommend the remastered Ezio collection first. The earlier games were much more assassiny, Origins is nowt like what the series started out as.

Black Flag prob the best for me, loved the sea warfare in that but for some reason just found it really tedious in odyssey.

I never really played many games during the PS3/Xbox 360 generation and then when I got a PS4 in 2015 there were so many AC games already released that I didn't bother jumping in to the timeline, I got Black Flag a while back when it was on sale but have never installed it.

Just bought Origins and Odyssey. Started Origins up and about 10 hours in and loving it. Mostly been doing side stuff so far but into the story after the first area. Is great being able to climb 'everything'. I go everywhere as the crow files. Don't think the combat is anything special but part of that is defiantly down to the fact they use square for dodge instead of the usual circle (PS4 obviously)

Origins is mint like but nee interest in Odyssey - it's not even about Assassins. Can't be chowed with the seafaring neither (thankfully not too much of this in Origins). It's all about the parkouring, the tomb raiding, and of course the assassinating for me.

Loved origins, completed that and the DLC 100%

think I have played about 40% of odyssey

the combats not as good as origins and its a bit of a cash grab for the weapons, seems like you have to buy the decent exotics. Think im about level 25 and I still have level 16 armour pieces.

Loved origins, completed that and the DLC 100%

think I have played about 40% of odyssey

the combats not as good as origins and its a bit of a cash grab for the weapons, seems like you have to buy the decent exotics. Think im about level 25 and I still have level 16 armour pieces.

That doesn't sound right to me
I've finished the game and my armour and equipment were always no more than a couple of levels off me actual level
Never bought anything

Started Odyssey up straight after finishing Origins. It is not doing out for me about 5/6 hours in. The movement seems weird, the cutscenes seem really jittery and I'm not interested in the story so far.

Took me a canny few attempts to kill the Kalydonian Boar like, but spent months on this, completing all the dlc and got all the trophies (sad I know).

Origins was probably better written and the fighting felt better - the Curse of the Pharaohs was a decent dlc.

Back