Asked to go on The Voice

I know someone who's been through the whole talent show shebang (Britain's got talent) in this case, but they're all the same. Totally stage managed. They're fine to go on if you accept that these shows exist for their own benefit and not that of their participants. It also depends upon what you want out of the experience. If its just some exposure and not much else, then fine. If its a recording contract, then have serious think about your odds of clinching one. If you're a pop singer and older than 19 and don't have the right look, virtually no ones going to touch you. If you're a rock singer (as seems to be the case in this instance) its as rare as rocky horse do-da to get signed as a solo act. Also, what effect will going on the show have with your existing band members? Is it worth losing that over? Obviously, good luck if you go for it but weigh up the pros and cons first.

Nathan James from Heavy Rock band Inglorious was on The Voice and they`ve released two highly rated albums. Erik Gronwall from H.E.A.T did Swedish Idol and they`ve been doing canny for the last couple of years. Rock singers, can do these shows and end up doing well but it is quite rare.

So just a reply lads.

I got to the quarter finals so happy with how I did. Fell just short of the semis by one vote which would have been the tv shows

Back to gigging for now though
awe well at least you gave it your best shot. I'm Still looking forward to seeing Lock & Load, been so busy gigging myself havent seen a band since the beginning of sept, that was Meet Loaf they were class like and I'm not a fan of meatloaf.

Would be on the telly anyways haha

Aye we’ve never stopped,

Whitley bay tho first then down smoggy Land Saturday

Next Sunderland gigs the good old Golden Fleece in silksworth next month then mill view club a few weeks later
Aw so ya didn't make the bit where the judges turn round?

Well at least ya give it a go and just do it again next year.

Would be on the telly anyways haha

Aye we’ve never stopped,

Whitley bay tho first then down smoggy Land Saturday

Next Sunderland gigs the good old Golden Fleece in silksworth next month then mill view club a few weeks later
Where are you playing in Whitley bay mate and what day ?

Nathan James from Heavy Rock band Inglorious was on The Voice and they`ve released two highly rated albums. Erik Gronwall from H.E.A.T did Swedish Idol and they`ve been doing canny for the last couple of years. Rock singers, can do these shows and end up doing well but it is quite rare.
The current lead singer of Stone Tenple Pilots went on American Idol when his original band broke up as well IIRC

Do you sing marra.
Na thats the only thing I cant do on a stage I can do backing vox ok though, I do a mixture of Guitars, Bass and Synth depending what show I have to put on. I play drums a bit too but only in the house.

Aw so ya didn't make the bit where the judges turn round?

Well at least ya give it a go and just do it again next year.
Nah was another show, the voice one is still yet to be started. This show was actually hosted by Geri Halliwell and rob Beckett where you have 100 people who you perform to

Where are you playing in Whitley bay mate and what day ?
Fat ox tomorrow night

Back