Asked to go on The Voice

Was working with a lass couple of years ago. We wanted her to come back and do some more vocals. She said “oh no I can’t I’m through to the final stages on the X factor” we were like, erm the group stages haven’t finished yet. She replied, I know, but I’m alread through :lol::lol:

Sam Lavery was already signed up for Simon Cowells agency doing gigs. She was told she was going out the competition the following night.

Ooh look at me, I’m going to be a World famous multimillionaire performer. Pathetic

;) Good luck. :)

Really interesting that anyone in the media hasnt (to my knowledge) really went for the whole talent show farce and exposed it. Is it because Cowell et all are great media manipulators?
Is it because they are really popular and dont want to ruin the illusion?

Not the same I know but years ago a journalist went on Blind Date and exposed that it was pretty much a fix.

On another note best of luck to the OP,apart from the Lady Gaga tribute act who used to post on here (and made a good career of it iirc) not sure we have had a musical sucess story?

Or maybe they keep it quiet.

Didn’t even realise riffsonline was still used.

Thats it though, all rock music from acdc and Whitesnake to Journey, Foreigner and queen etc

Don’t know if you remember the Toy Dolls back in the day but my dad was the original drummer with them and he’s our drummer in the band today so canny been on stage performing with me old man
Lock N Load

Alrret that ta
Aye remember the Toy Dolls nee bother, seen them a few times but not sure if when yer Da was playing. Still a few ex members live local apart from Baz Warne! Pete Zulu has the Black Horse at West Boldon an another fella who`s name I cant remember works at a care Home down the Colliery.
Olga was a collaborator in a World cup song :lol:

Last edited:
got a message today from a casting member asking me to attend an audition on Sunday for the show.

Advised I couldn’t as I’m in the studio so they asked for any videos.

Anyhow just got the following back tonight
The Voice UK production would like to get in touch after looking at your vids. Please can you provide me with an email address and phone number, Thanks, J

Curious to know if anyone’s experienced any reality tv or shows like this before?
In "the studio"....?

Could easily say pop to Greens in town on Friday night or the stumble inn (the royalty) on Saturday as I’m working with the band and see for yourselves.
Nice pic of the Brit on ya facebook page there hew.

I think you tend to blow any real artistic credibility once you go on this shite, especially if you're a "rocker".

But it all depends on what you're trying to do I suppose. Good luck either way.
Billy Black did The Voice before and that lad couldn't shout coal up an alley. Diz well enough on the club circuit though.

Last edited:
You're a good singer mate do you give lessons!?
Nah, I did have a few but the cost was £600 for 10. That said some of them were form a guy who’s the vocal coach for Panic at the disco, The Killers and Imagine Dragons.

Hoy a vid up then so we can hear you sing!

You can't just say "eee look at me I'm garn on telly" and not show us what you're made of fust. Haway we'll vote. Everyone look away. :lol:
I did mate in the thread

Hope you've got a good sob story marra
Ginger mackem

Last edited:
Nah, I did have a few but the cost was £600 for 10. That said some of them were form a guy who’s the vocal coach for Panic at the disco, The Killers and Imagine Dragons.

I did mate in the thread

Ginger mackem
So did you learn by just singing along to songs over and over?

got a message today from a casting member asking me to attend an audition on Sunday for the show.

Advised I couldn’t as I’m in the studio so they asked for any videos.

Anyhow just got the following back tonight
The Voice UK production would like to get in touch after looking at your vids. Please can you provide me with an email address and phone number, Thanks, J

Curious to know if anyone’s experienced any reality tv or shows like this before?
These types of shows always have one or two acts on for the audience to laugh at due to their shitness. How do you know you're not one of them?;)
Good luck, can't do any harm.

So did you learn by just singing along to songs over and over?
Aye mate. Sang since a young age. Stopped at school and went to be a drummer (back of stage, no attention since I was a copper bollocks) but recently (year ago) sacked our old singer as she was shite and I went lead and got me Dad in on drums

In "the studio"....?
Just bought a new mixing desk so booked in the studio to get all the sound mixed ready for gigging on the road

Billy Black did The Voice before and that lad couldn't shout coal up an alley. Diz well enough on the club circuit though.
Aye know billy well (massive Sunderland fan) and he didn’t get through but the videos on bbc YouTube page 250k views and he now gets loads of work through agents now so no harm in trying I guess

Last edited:
Aye mate. Sang since a young age. Stopped at school and went to be a drummer (back of stage, no attention since I was a copper bollocks) but recently (year ago) sacked our old singer as she was shite and I went lead and got me Dad in on drums

Just bought a new mixing desk so booked in the studio to get all the sound mixed ready for gigging on the road
Ah nice one man, so these vids you sent to the voice are any of them on youtube or out? Can we have a listen to your pipes. you must be half decent if they want you on the show,

Didn’t even realise riffsonline was still used.

Thats it though, all rock music from acdc and Whitesnake to Journey, Foreigner and queen etc

Don’t know if you remember the Toy Dolls back in the day but my dad was the original drummer with them and he’s our drummer in the band today so canny been on stage performing with me old man
Lock N Load

If it helps, I just spun round in my office chair.

Canny sound that.

Back