Asked to go on The Voice

MackemRocker

Full Back
got a message today from a casting member asking me to attend an audition on Sunday for the show.

Advised I couldn’t as I’m in the studio so they asked for any videos.

Anyhow just got the following back tonight
The Voice UK production would like to get in touch after looking at your vids. Please can you provide me with an email address and phone number, Thanks, J

Curious to know if anyone’s experienced any reality tv or shows like this before?

Last edited:

got a message today from a casting member asking me to attend an audition on Sunday for the show.

Advised I couldn’t as I’m in the studio so they asked for any videos.

Anyhow just got the following back tonight
The Voice UK production would like to get in touch after looking at your vids. Please can you provide me with an email address and phone number, Thanks, J

Curious to know if anyone’s experienced any reality tv or shows like this before?
If it’s anything like X factor it’s all a complete set up. Totally rigged. Anyone voting should ask for their money back.

I think you tend to blow any real artistic credibility once you go on this shite, especially if you're a "rocker".

But it all depends on what you're trying to do I suppose. Good luck either way.
I’d agree too, think it depends on sheer luck too and who you know. So many singers out there it’s rare any get that big break

If it’s anything like X factor it’s all a complete set up. Totally rigged. Anyone voting should ask for their money back.
Ah that actually is.

People think your straight on tv, but unless your contacted (like I was today) then you need to attend 4 separate auditions in front of nobody’s before getting on the first tv audition.

That’s so they can separate anyone bang average from an unreal singer and comedy acts.

80% of the tv finalists are put in by their agents or stage school.

Joe mckeldry for example was put in for the show by his stage school

Last edited:
I’d agree too, think it depends on sheer luck too and who you know. So many singers out there it’s rare any get that big break

Ah that actually is.

People think your straight on tv, but unless your contacted (like I was today) then you need to attend 4 separate auditions in front of nobody’s before getting on the first tv audition.

That’s so they can separate anyone bang average from an unreal singer and comedy acts.

80% of the tv finalists are put in by their agents or stage school.

Joe mckeldry for example was put in for the show by his stage school
Was working with a lass couple of years ago. We wanted her to come back and do some more vocals. She said “oh no I can’t I’m through to the final stages on the X factor” we were like, erm the group stages haven’t finished yet. She replied, I know, but I’m alread through :lol::lol:

Was working with a lass couple of years ago. We wanted her to come back and do some more vocals. She said “oh no I can’t I’m through to the final stages on the X factor” we were like, erm the group stages haven’t finished yet. She replied, I know, but I’m alread through :lol::lol:
Yep pretty much nailed on like that.

I don’t see how this can be. They can’t just make up the voting however they like. I’m sure it’s probably fraud and if it got out the whole house of cards would come crashing down. They can do what they like until the voting part, cos then people’s money is involved. But what they can do is subliminally make people vote a certain way, by giving their favourites the best songs, sympathetic editing, judges comments etc, and making the others look a bit shit by comparison. If the judges wank over a certain person, people will vote for them cos the judges are experts right? And they don’t want to feel like they are less knowledgeable than the judges.

I know someone who's been through the whole talent show shebang (Britain's got talent) in this case, but they're all the same. Totally stage managed. They're fine to go on if you accept that these shows exist for their own benefit and not that of their participants. It also depends upon what you want out of the experience. If its just some exposure and not much else, then fine. If its a recording contract, then have serious think about your odds of clinching one. If you're a pop singer and older than 19 and don't have the right look, virtually no ones going to touch you. If you're a rock singer (as seems to be the case in this instance) its as rare as rocky horse do-da to get signed as a solo act. Also, what effect will going on the show have with your existing band members? Is it worth losing that over? Obviously, good luck if you go for it but weigh up the pros and cons first.

Lock N Load playing at Greens on Friday night by Riffs LISTINGSNEW.html

Not heard or seen of them but ages since I seen a local band anyway. Nowt up there on links to band website with vids or setlist either
Didn’t even realise riffsonline was still used.

Thats it though, all rock music from acdc and Whitesnake to Journey, Foreigner and queen etc

Don’t know if you remember the Toy Dolls back in the day but my dad was the original drummer with them and he’s our drummer in the band today so canny been on stage performing with me old man
Lock N Load

Last edited:

Back