Ask a question you’ve always wanted to know the answer to...

• Thread starter Deleted member 37772
  • Start date

Here's a one which has cropped up due to a big project I'm involved with at work. How did they manage to build bridges in medieval times? Old Elvet bridge for instance has been there for nearly 1000 years (or parts of it). Genuinely blows my mind that.

Specifically talking about how they would get the founds in underwater.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a one which has cropped up due to a big project I'm involved with at work. How did they manage to build bridges in medieval times? Old Elvet bridge for instance has been there for nearly 1000 years (or parts of it). Genuinely blows my mind that.

Specifically talking about how they would get the founds in underwater.
Build the bridge before the river started. Easy.

if an orange is called an orange. and a lemon is called a lemon.why is a banana not called a yellow.
Off the top of my head, there was no word for Orange until the name of the fruit was adopted for it.

I think Blue was the last colour to be named.

What came first the chicken or the egg?
Egg. No question.

2 things that were very similar to what we call a chicken today mated, and had an egg that became the first chicken.

There maybe be something in the diet thing but they do still turn white when they get old. I'd imagine the reason that you don't see them anymore is because you don't play on the grass as much as you used to as a child and also because some people pick their dog shit up now, meaning there isn't as much of any colour about.
IIRC dog food uses to have ash in it!

Why do blokes have to leave the loo seat up? I let the carpet fitter use the loo the other day and he left the seat up - in my own house! :mad:
Why is it that women think men should move the seat twice, so that they don't have to move it once?

Could there be a food so perfect that it produced no waste so you'd never need to take a dump ?
Human flesh?

Last edited:
Why do Morrisons (and other supermarkets) sell tin of hot dogs with eight in but packs of finger rolls with only six in? Even their packs of proper sausages have eight in, and surely neebody uses finger rolls for owt else.
So you buy more.

Is the Bowie in David Bowie pronounced Bowie or Bowie?
Bow-ee not boh-ee

If there are AA, AAA, C and D batteries, why are there no B batteries?
Used to be, just never really caught on for different products.

Last edited:

Back