Ashwin or Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, its totally fair to judge him on away tours - because that's all you've got. What's the alternative? Judge him only on home wickets?

At this time, Ben Stokes has won Test Matches at home and away. He's scored runs and taken wickets in all conditions and is therefore better (more valuable) than Ashwin.

When Ashwin gets runs and wickets in England/Australia/NZ we'll look at it again.

No I am not saying that like at all

I was saying I think he is a lot better bowler than he was previously, so I am not judging him on the last time he was here, I will judge him on the next time he goes away.

I don't disagree with you in the slightest, think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.

I hadn't appreciated Flintoff only ever managed 3 fifers.

Stokes already matched him and only needs one more ton to match him on that front too.

Last edited:
I hadn't appreciated Flintoff only ever managed 3 fifers.

Stokes already matched him and only needs one more ton to match him on that front too.

Safe to say he will easily surpass him.

Stokes is a much better cricketer than Flintoff IMO who dined out on 18 months of good form and then wasted the rest of his career with ill discipline. He was a poor batsman against spin aswell and I find it laughable when people try and compare him with Botham, if Botham hadn't spent the majority of his final 10 years as an international cricketer with a wrecked back, his stats would embarrass Flintoff's.

Reactions: Bri
Stokes is a much better cricketer than Flintoff IMO who dined out on 18 months of good form and then wasted the rest of his career with ill discipline. He was a poor batsman against spin aswell and I find it laughable when people try and compare him with Botham, if Botham hadn't spent the majority of his final 10 years as an international cricketer with a wrecked back, his stats would embarrass Flintoff's.

His stats already do!

Seen Ashwin only needs 130 runs and 30 wickets to hit the yardstick for all rounders of 300 wickets and 2000 runs.

Would be the fastest easily as Hadlee managed in 61, Ashwin currently at 48.

His average in England,South Africa and Aus from 9 tests is 54 and has 24 wickets.

Seen Ashwin only needs 130 runs and 30 wickets to hit the yardstick for all rounders of 300 wickets and 2000 runs.

Would be the fastest easily as Hadlee managed in 61, Ashwin currently at 48.

His average in England,South Africa and Aus from 9 tests is 54 and has 24 wickets.
Bizarre yardstick mind

300 wickets is way harder than 2000 runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back