Ashley Cole retires

They probably were but cole was still in the world class bracket comfortably in my opinion
Fair enough mate but I never really rated Cole that highly, best in England no doubt but not world class for me, guess I just got sick of the golden generation crap which he was part of and we never got anywhere close to winning a tournament, I went to plenty of them and we would get outplayed by average teams.

But as you say it all about opinions and plenty on here agree with you rather than me.

Fair enough mate but I never really rated Cole that highly, best in England no doubt but not world class for me, guess I just got sick of the golden generation crap which he was part of and we never got anywhere close to winning a tournament, I went to plenty of them and we would get outplayed by average teams.

But as you say it all about opinions and plenty on here agree with you rather than me.

Cole was the one player out of the Beckham's, Gerrard's, Lampard's, Rooney's, Scholes, Ferdinand's who every tournament he appeared in did himself justice and on occasions a little bit more. For me England have had two world class players in the last 10-15 years: Rio Ferdinand for 2-3 years at his peak and Ashley Cole for sometime.

If Cole had played for another country he'd be a lot more appreciated.

Cole was the one player out of the Beckham's, Gerrard's, Lampard's, Rooney's, Scholes, Ferdinand's who every tournament he appeared in did himself justice and on occasions a little bit more. For me England have had two world class players in the last 10-15 years: Rio Ferdinand for 2-3 years at his peak and Ashley Cole for sometime.

If Cole had played for another country he'd be a lot more appreciated.
You may be right mate, if he hadnā€™t come across as such a kernt and played for Chelsea I might have appreciated him more.

Thats the beauty if this board mate

For me thereā€™s also no doubt that the ā€˜golden generationā€™ never produced at international level for one reason or another, but the managers should also shoulder a fair bit if criticism too during that period

Back