Ashes Tour Travel Company

Assuming this does go ahead, either as normal or held back a bit, anyone got any ballpark figures for budget, taking into account flights, accommodation, tickets and beers for a test over there?

Assuming this does go ahead, either as normal or held back a bit, anyone got any ballpark figures for budget, taking into account flights, accommodation, tickets and beers for a test over there?

Was £2.5k for Perth/ Adelaide combined in 2013. And that was slumming it in hostels, which we never normally do. Sydney is meant to a be a lot pricier.

Sure I read somewhere not so long back that they wouldn’t be allowing tickets to be sold to those without a AU address code?

I’d look at £4.5-5k at a conservative unless you’re just staying basic digs etc
Usually a couple of tests stuck on the back of the Ashes. If it doesn't happen I'll just wait til next time we do.

Nope. 3 week rest then off to WIndies February/March for 2 tests and 3 T20’s. Couple of ODI’s in Holland before NZ return over here in the May for a test series of 3. Couple of one dayers and T20 with India booked in over here and then Saffers have 3 test, 3 ODI’s and 3 T20s late summer before we go to Pakistan.

Last edited:
Usually a couple of tests stuck on the back of the Ashes. If it doesn't happen I'll just wait til next time we do.

That was the norm back in the 70s, but not these days
Was £2.5k for Perth/ Adelaide combined in 2013. And that was slumming it in hostels, which we never normally do. Sydney is meant to a be a lot pricier.

New Years Eve alone the hotel prices are 300% higher.

Worth it like, but you've got to factor in price hikes over Xmas and NY if you are going to Melbourne and Sydney

Last edited:
Correct.

Accomodation has gone through the roof there in the last five or six years- ever since they increased cruises.

You would be extremely lucky to get anything half decent for under a ton a night, sharing like.

Aspire Metro Hotel (there's a tip for ya) was where I stayed last time (2018) and that was about £95 a night.
There won't be anyone from the UK allowed in this year. All this is based on the Qantas CEO spouting off to keep the share price happy.
Totally agree mate.
it won't but here's my twopennoth on your costs for a 7 night trip to include one test.

Flight circa 900
Accom 350-500 a piece assuming you are room sharing.
Tickets prob average 25 a day- 125
Spends prob 800 unless you are a beer monster.

Last edited:
it won't but here's my twopennoth on your costs for a 7 night trip to include one test.

Flight circa 900
Accom 350-500 a piece assuming you are room sharing.
Tickets prob average 25 a day- 125
Spends prob 800 unless you are a beer monster.

I wouldn't consider a 7 night trip. 24 hours travel in each direction, a couple of days of jet lag ...... no thanks.

It's got to be upwards of 2 weeks with the obvious increased costs of accomodation.

Avoid the holiday periods and you'll get much better value for money

I wouldn't consider a 7 night trip. 24 hours travel in each direction, a couple of days of jet lag ...... no thanks.

It's got to be upwards of 2 weeks with the obvious increased costs of accomodation.

Avoid the holiday periods and you'll get much better value for money
I feel for you if you haven't done much long haul mate.

If it goes ahead

just book your flights
Air bnb roughly $120-150 a night so say 70 quid or backpackers, or my place 1 bedroom spare in Perth $30 a night

the people living in aus have contacts so I’d say I can sort out Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth tickets with the BA, Mel and Sydney would be pot luck on Ticketmaster. I don’t know what the last games ie India sold for but it’s usually a decent price so say $70 or about 30 quid a day

beer $8-12 a pint

Australia twice and after that only as far as Crete :)
I get ya mate

not easy like
If it goes ahead

just book your flights
Air bnb roughly $120-150 a night so say 70 quid or backpackers, or my place 1 bedroom spare in Perth $30 a night

the people living in aus have contacts so I’d say I can sort out Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth tickets with the BA, Mel and Sydney would be pot luck on Ticketmaster. I don’t know what the last games ie India sold for but it’s usually a decent price so say $70 or about 30 quid a day

beer $8-12 a pint
Noted.

I go with a lot of others but I refuse to room share- (lucas Moura's avoidance).

Last edited:

Back