Ashes Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

No.

Just seen as well that Old Trafford are selling tickets for day 5, first time I've ever heard of last day tickets being pre-sold.

No.

Just seen as well that Old Trafford are selling tickets for day 5, first time I've ever heard of last day tickets being pre-sold.

Durham are too. Sure it's been mentioned on here. £20 quid, but if there is no fifth day there is no refund. I can't afford a ticket so hoping it goes to a fifth day so I can buy one on the day.

Bit puzzled about the £20 charge for day 5.

What if there was only likely to be an hour's play? In the past grounds would usually let people in free but that would be unfair on those who have paid (unless they refund their ticket).

If they still insist on a £20 charge though even for those who just turn up on the day, there are likely to be many put off by this which might hit the club in terms of sales of alcohol & food.

No.

Edgbaston did it for the India test in 2011 m8.

That was £15 non refundable, which they ended up trousering as the game was over.

At least OT give you a £20 credit for 2014 tickets if there is no play.

Edgbaston did it for the India test in 2011 m8.

That was £15 non refundable, which they ended up trousering as the game was over.

At least OT give you a £20 credit for 2014 tickets if there is no play.

Just another way of squeezing money, ridiculous that they think this Aussie team can take the game to 5 days. I've been to every Test at OT since 1992, first time they've ever done it.

Have they announced 2014 yet? Windies and Sri Lanka innit?

Just another way of squeezing money, ridiculous that they think this Aussie team can take the game to 5 days. I've been to every Test at OT since 1992, first time they've ever done it.

Edgbaston are the Masters of this.

Doesn't really have much excitement that :neutral:

I suppose away Test matches is where it's at :)

Bit puzzled about the £20 charge for day 5.

What if there was only likely to be an hour's play? In the past grounds would usually let people in free but that would be unfair on those who have paid (unless they refund their ticket).

If they still insist on a £20 charge though even for those who just turn up on the day, there are likely to be many put off by this which might hit the club in terms of sales of alcohol & food.

But that's the risk you take isn't it? Buy one now and it ends 4th day, or wait until the day when England need 200 with 9 wickets in hand to win the Ashes and there are queues round the block............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back