Ashes 2017/18

• Thread starter Andy Reids Love Chil
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Id re read this thread as been speaking with a couple of mates who fancy doing it too.

Is the Aussie schedule always the same? (Brisbane > Adelaide > Perth > Melbourne > Sydney). Didn't Tasmania have one?

I have family in Perth so might see if we can doss with them for a night or two while we are there.

I also have family in Cape Town so that's tempting for next year.

Watching the Aussie India highlights and couldn't think of a better way of spending time between xmas and new year.

Thought Id re read this thread as been speaking with a couple of mates who fancy doing it too.

Is the Aussie schedule always the same? (Brisbane > Adelaide > Perth > Melbourne > Sydney). Didn't Tasmania have one?

I have family in Perth so might see if we can doss with them for a night or two while we are there.

I also have family in Cape Town so that's tempting for next year.

Watching the Aussie India highlights and couldn't think of a better way of spending time between xmas and new year.

Hobart has never had an Ashes test but you've got the order spot on. As I said earlier on the thread I'd recommend Perth as it's the only proper cricket ground they've got left (albeit ropey facilities which could mean they move it from the WACA) and the town is quality. It's likely to be back to back with Adelaide.

Cape Town test will be Jan 3-7 2016. Tickets were something daft like a fiver a day or something for the grass last time. Best sporting venue I've ever been to too.

I always thought Durban (shithole) was the default Boxing Day Test in SA.

Kingsmead confirmed as regaining Boxing Day test :(

Last edited:
I picked this up from wikipedia - I can't say whether it's correct or not.

"In September 2013 Cricket Australia announced that the WACA ground would not host a Test match in the 2014/2015 season, a decision which would leave Perth without a summer test match for the first time in nearly 40 years. Cricket Australia said the WACA ground requires significant improvements, given it has the smallest capacity of the five mainland capital city venues, and that it would welcome major, international matches being played at Perth's new 60,000 seat stadium."

I'd recommend Perth as it's the only proper cricket ground they've got left

It used to have a dog track outside of the cricket field .....if you look back at the footage of the 1986/7 Perth Challenge when we beat everything in sight.

Made for a wide outfield square of the wicket,but shorter straight boundaries.

Don't book a trip with the BA... works out canny expensive... much cheaper getting tickets near to where they are in the ground if sitting with them appeals (usually mentioned on their forum which section their tickets are in)... I saved a canny bit doing it separately on my own and was still close enough to enjoy the songs. But was also far enough away to watch the cricket.

When are they going to announce these dates?

Less than a year to go...

Early next year I'd think.

Going off previous tours it'll be Brisbane late November, then Adelaide/ Perth back to back mid December. Melbourne Boxing Day then Sydney NY finish off. I'd guess Adelaide will be day/ night and Perth looks like it'll be the rubbish new concrete bowl they've built.

Sri Lanka Spring 2018 (from memory) at half the cost and much better culture would be the one I'd go for though.

Going off previous tours it'll be Brisbane late November, then Adelaide/ Perth back to back mid December. Melbourne Boxing Day then Sydney NY finish off. I'd guess Adelaide will be day/ night and Perth looks like it'll be the rubbish new concrete bowl they've built.

Sri Lanka Spring 2018 (from memory) at half the cost and much better culture would be the one I'd go for though.
I'm sure that'll be the order and can probably predict the dates too. Maybe it's to see if the Perth stadium will be ready in time...

Much better culture in Aus than SL for me. Can't argue about cost though...

I'm sure that'll be the order and can probably predict the dates too. Maybe it's to see if the Perth stadium will be ready in time...

Much better culture in Aus than SL for me. Can't argue about cost though...

Having been to both I'd go to SL even if the cost was the same. The scenery is class and you do most of your drinking on the beach (we didn't do Colombo mind which is probably an eye opener!). Apart from the little strip of hill left at Adelaide the test venues in Australia are also the worst going IMO, which puts me off going again. What Australia has in its favour is that the actual game means far more. Not to say the Ashes isn't a class trip, I just preferred the others.

Having been to both I'd go to SL even if the cost was the same. The scenery is class and you do most of your drinking on the beach (we didn't do Colombo mind which is probably an eye opener!). Apart from the little strip of hill left at Adelaide the test venues in Australia are also the worst going IMO, which puts me off going again. What Australia has in its favour is that the actual game means far more. Not to say the Ashes isn't a class trip, I just preferred the others.
Not to say SL isn't a class trip, I just preferred Aus

Agree with the last bit

Grounds are shite but it's like been at a derby , it means a lot

I like Sydney though

According to this http://icc-live.s3.amazonaws.com/cm...f Copy of FTP 2015 to 2019 as at Nov 2014.pdf

October. We play New Zealand then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back