Ashes 2005 Edgbaston Test

The beauty of test cricket. You only have to look back to Headingley last year
Yup. It's why, for me, it's the best sport in the world. And I say that as someone who went four years without missing a Palace game, home or away.

This series was the start of my love affair with the game
Christ Clarke was even a whiney little bitch back then :lol:
BBC cricket having a subtle little dig here... :lol:

"
Flintoff and Clarke are having words. Is Clarke unhappy with the full tosses? Nothing wrong with that surely?! It would have hit his shin and I think that's what Flintoff is saying.
Clarke wouldn't be worried about getting a broken arm, would he?"

Last edited:

I think most of us thought it would be easier than it was. But it just made it all the sweeter when Billy Bowden raised his finger for a howler of a decision ;) :lol:
Not sure it was a howler. A slightly obscure rule in relation to an incident that happened very quickly in real time. I don’t think Kasprowicz even contemplated that he may not be out. The biggest issue seemed to be if the catch carried (which clearly it did).

Not sure it was a howler. A slightly obscure rule in relation to an incident that happened very quickly in real time. I don’t think Kasprowicz even contemplated that he may not be out. The biggest issue seemed to be if the catch carried (which clearly it did).

if I remember correctly Benaud only spotted it on comms a couple of minutes after the finger went up.

That was brilliant. Never heard a second of the TMS commentary as I was in the caribbean. Watched endless repeats of the Ch4 coverage of course, but to hear the live commentary was an absolute treat. Brilliant

Given the view Bowden had, he made the correct call. There is zero chance that he could see one hand off the bat. Even Richie Benaud praised Bowden afterwards, saying it was the only decision he could honestly give, and that not out would have been pure guesswork.

Back