As The Decade Comes To A Close, Has Anyone Had a Worse One

There was a stat doing the rounds a couple of seasons back where due to our constant relegation battles we were in something like top 5 most losses of any team in the top 4 leagues.

Wed won the fewest games and lost the most or there abouts, but we were doing so in the top flight, so are 5 premier League wins better than 20 league 2 wins? All gets very subjective.

I've arsed the title up, I should have put something like, has there been a harder team to follow ? I would argue that, at least they have had a promotion year, presumably an enjoyable year with goals, wins, probably clean sheets, entertainment and general matchday satisfaction. We, on the other haven't had that sort of respite, all of our years have been a relegation battle except last year which was still as dull as anything.

However, as people have suggested there probably are a few and Portsmouth would be one of them as they had all the financial stuff. Blackpool have also had a canny bit of stress and I hadn't even realised about Yeovil.

Also, the decade doesn't come to an end for another year.

Than us ?

I guess Bury have a case, but in England we must have had

The worst results
Scored the fewest goals
Had the fewest shots
The least entertainment

Possibly

Conceded the most ?

Imagine how good it will feel when we're good again.
Six in a row takes the edge off but that seems stalk conciliation right now

Back