As its Friday( i think!) your favourite pub still standing

• Thread starter Deleted member 27423
  • Start date

The Luttrell Arms, Dunster.
Always been there with great company, set at the top of a 13th century village it's like stepping back in time. Once you get inside it's a warren of rooms and corridors with knights armour hanging on the walls. If your lucky you will find yourself in the huge beer garden which looks down the main street in the village. Have spent a few afternoon's in there drinking Cheddar Valley cider on draft which blindsides you after 5 pints and you forget how to walk properly.

[QUOTE="dangermows, post: 28130491, member: 15596"

It's not.[/QUOTE]
It very much is.
Same method
Same keg
Same nitrogen gas

Its industrially produced shite

You said its untouchable. I said it isn't. What ya garn on about ya pissed nutter? :lol:
People think of Guinness as the be all and end all of stout /porters. Very much unlike how people think of smooth flow bitters.

But for some reason Guinness gets a very easy ride. There are far far better porters out there, but Guinness stifles the market

People think of Guinness as the be all and end all of stout /porters. Very much unlike how people think of smooth flow bitters.

But for some reason Guinness gets a very easy ride. There are far far better porters out there, but Guinness stifles the market

I don't. Its the best mainstream beverage out there though. Tontine milk stout is much better for example. Standard Guinness is not a porter either tbf.

Last edited:
You said its untouchable. I said it isn't. What ya garn on about ya pissed nutter? :lol:

The Tyne is shite. Although it's location is canny.

I like it outside under the bridge when there's a bit music on and the weather is good. But the stairs to the bogs are a bit treacherous and if its busy you can wait a long time.

Also like the head of steam since they done it out about 2 year ago. Much improved.

I like it outside under the bridge when there's a bit music on and the weather is good. But the stairs to the bogs are a bit treacherous and if its busy you can wait a long time.

Also like the head of steam since they done it out about 2 year ago. Much improved.

Aye, basically it's good as long you're not actually in it :lol: Love Ouseburn like.

Agreed. Often get in the HoS.

Back