As it stands, the club...

In my opinion mate, the bloke has tried to do his best for the club. I firmly believe he cares about his legacy (just speak to Sir Bob who asked him to be a Trustee of the Foundation) and he probably hoped he’d see us return to the Prem. Now of course, that would mean a nice little return on his investment, but I doubt anyone would have begrudged him that.

Unfortunately for him though, he doesn’t have the money needed to lead a club that is only just starting to recover from years of mismanagement. I suspect he thought Juan would get involved, but it hasn’t happened and instead he has been forced to seek outside help. That need has derailed our season and put him under huge pressure.

I totally understand the frustration at the moment; but as I posted earlier, the last thing we need is an Ashley style stand off. It also has to be said, the grass is not always greener and we still need him not to sell to the wrong people.

Mind, even if the MSD takeover goes through; a lot of things need to change if we are to break this cycle of failure - including the mentality of our wider support. We’ve had money before and blown it

We are no different to anyone else, we want to see our team win games and play decent football. The fans will respond when we actually have something positive to respond to. It always seems as though it's one way.

We are no different to anyone else, we want to see our team win games and play decent football. The fans will respond when we actually have something positive to respond to. It always seems as though it's one way.

I know what you are saying mate, and the results leading up to the game were poor, but there was no fight - people just give up. In just two weeks, 18,000 basically just walked away.

As I post regularly :lol:, our hardcore support is f***ing brilliant, but our wider support is pretty shit. We seem to have a large number of supporters who thrive on negativity and I honestly believe it has held us back over the years. It’s actually something which caused previous owners, including Quinny, major frustration as they could see the potential

Last edited:
I know what you are saying mate, and the results leading up to the game were poor, but there was no fight - people just give up. In just two weeks, 18,000 basically just walked away.

As I post regularly :lol:, our hardcore support is f***ing brilliant, but our wider support is pretty shit. We seem to have a large number of supporters who thrive on negativity and I honestly believe it has held us back over the years. It’s actually something which caused previous owners, including Quinny, major frustration as they could see the potential

What have they had to be positive about though? Our fans have been absolutely battered mate.

What have they had to be positive about though? Our fans have been absolutely battered mate.

It might be just me mate, but it feels like the negativity has always been there. Even thinking back a few years, and during the times we were doing ok in the prem (those 3 or 4 games a year 😂), the City never really got behind the team.

Now I know people will straight away mention 40,000 crowds; but let’s be honest, a lot of those were topped up by cheap tickets.

It might be just me mate, but it feels like the negativity has always been there. Even thinking back a few years, and during the times we were doing ok in the prem (those 3 or 4 games a year 😂), the City never really got behind the team.

Now I know people will straight away mention 40,000 crowds; but let’s be honest, a lot of those were topped up by cheap tickets.

We never really did well in the PL though, there was always a bump in the road, waiting to derail anything positive, that had nothing to do with the fans. If we were winning games and playing good football, you'd struggle to find a happier bunch. We went months not seeing a home win, we nearly went a year without seeing us win at home man. It's not normal and it certainly isn't the fans to blame.

We never really did well in the PL though, there was always a bump in the road, waiting to derail anything positive, that had nothing to do with the fans. If we were winning games and playing good football, you'd struggle to find a happier bunch. We went months not seeing a home win, we nearly went a year without seeing us win at home man. It's not normal and it certainly isn't the fans to blame.
how our fans can ever blamed for anything is beyond me , we have to be the best in the country all things considered

Back