Arsenal v Everton 430 Skysports football

Success is relative. Sams done all he can with what he’s had at his disposal. Never done a bad job at any club he’s been at. He was a good fit for an average top flight club like Everton to be fair.

Also don Carlo (seriously man :oops: ) wasn’t in charge for man united and Chelsea games. He’s fluffed his record up by beating the Brighton’s, Watford’s and palaces of this world.

The fact you're trying to say Alladyce is a better manager than Carlo Ancelotti shows exactly why you are the forums Alan Brazil.

You should start charging people £1.99 to respond to your posts you would be minted with that fishing of yours!

With Alladyce we would have lost yesterday 2-0 with 1 shot on goal - whereas we lost 3-2 with 17 shots on goal compared to their 8 or 9. The difference was their striker was clinical ours wasnt (and our rancid CM/RB options which will be addressed in the summer + Gomes now back from injury).

Last edited:

The fact you're trying to say Alladyce is a better manager than Carlo Ancelotti shows exactly why you are the forums Alan Brazil.

You should start charging people £1.99 to respond to your posts you would be minted with that fishing of yours!

With Alladyce we would have lost yesterday 2-0 with 1 shot on goal - whereas we lost 3-2 with 17 shots on goal compared to their 8 or 9. The difference was their striker was clinical ours wasnt (and our rancid CM/RB options which will be addressed in the summer + Gomes now back from injury).
Coleman past his best?

Did a better job at nufc than benitez did big sam. No relegation under big Sam at nufc unlike benitez. I mean he even kept safc up and relegated nufc whilst the genius benitez was there

Coleman past his best?

Aye problems with our RB options are Sidibe is good going forward but switches off alot when defending - he's only on loan but apparently has a clause of £13 million in the summer so will be interesting to see if we sign him or not.

Coleman is awful going forward these days and has lost that yard of pace which means he's starting getting caught out when teams hit us on the break.

Walcott is our only option at RM currently and he's the definition of inconsistent

Gomes aside our CM options are horrendous - Gbamin was our replacement for Idrissa Gueye but he played 2 games before tearing his quad in training and is not expected back until the end of the season (he had 2 relapses in recovery needing another op)

Siggurdsson doesn't suit Ancelotti's 442 and looks lost at present, Schneiderlin is useless, Davies tries but is too lightweight & Delph has been a dissapointment after an initial promising start.

To counter that there are positives - Richarlison & DCL are both 22 and are both scoring at the moment/ developing, Gomes and Bernard are very good in the midfield, Digne has been average this season but still a top LB & Holgate for me is POTY he's been fantastic and should be in the England squad this summer.

Which is why the summer for me is a big one - get in 4-5 good quality players and I think Ancelotti will turn us into a solid outfit, I had written the season off in November so I'll see where we are at the end of next weekend and if we beat Utd and teams around us slip up you never know may be back in the race for Europa but im not expecting anything like - Silva losing to Sheffield Utd, Norwich, Burnley, Aston Villa, Brighton & Bournemouth is the reason why we wont finish top 6/7 not because of Ancelotti losing away to Arsenal.

When did I say allarydyce was better then ancellotti?
What I’ve said is so far Carlo has done nothing that Sam didn’t do but is being lorded.

Makes you wonder why Grayson is so disliked on here really as he never relegated Sunderland.
He was totally incompetent and is in no way relevant or comparable in this context.

just to remind you benitez relegated nufc, it happened. Now for such a genius to achieve that he must have been very incompetent

Last edited:
When did I say allarydyce was better then ancellotti?
What I’ve said is so far Carlo has done nothing that Sam didn’t do but is being lorded.
He hasn't wasted £45m yet

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
He hasn't wasted £45m yet

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He’s got the summer for that.
The great Marco silva wasted far more and you desperately tried to put a brave face on his time at goodison.
Imagine hounding out Big Sam only to get Marco silva :lol:
Makes you wonder why Grayson is so disliked on here really as he never relegated Sunderland.
Because he done a poor job.
Let’s face it if Bruce or pardew had replaced mclaren and got yous relegated would he have still be given the freedom of Tyneside?
As I’ve said Its all about the name.

Last edited:
He’s got the summer for that.
The great Marco silva wasted far more and you desperately tried to put a brave face on his time at goodison.
Imagine hounding out Big Sam only to get Marco silva :lol:

Because he done a poor job.
Let’s face it if Bruce or pardew had replaced mclaren and got yous relegated would he have still be given the freedom of Tyneside?
As I’ve said Its all about the name.

Depends if the football had improved then they won promotion as champions really.
Without a doubt people would be more receptive to a manager of the calibre of Benitez coming in to replace McClaren compared to Bruce as he's done well elsewhere, had a good career. If Sunderland had appointed Mourinho to replace Grayson I'm sure people would've been more excited than they were for Coleman.

Depends if the football had improved then they won promotion as champions really.
Without a doubt people would be more receptive to a manager of the calibre of Benitez coming in to replace McClaren compared to Bruce as he's done well elsewhere, had a good career. If Sunderland had appointed Mourinho to replace Grayson I'm sure people would've been more excited than they were for Coleman.
I’m not talking about being receptive initially, that I understand the fact is he took yous down.
After that again much like an Allardyce at West Ham he did what he could do with a mediocre premiership club.
Its amazing that he gets flags if his big fat face flown in the gallowgate whilst pardew who done a far far batter job is a pariah.
Like I say it’s all about the name.

I’m not talking about being receptive initially, that I understand the fact is he took yous down.
After that again much like an Allardyce at West Ham he did what he could do with a mediocre premiership club.
Its amazing that he gets flags if his big fat face flown in the gallowgate whilst pardew who done a far far batter job is a pariah.
Like I say it’s all about the name.

you have no idea and never will , it’s a compliment that yous hate him so much on here.No better than Greyskull though :lol:

you have no idea and never will , it’s a compliment that yous hate him so much on here.No better than Greyskull though :lol:
I don’t hate Benitez at all. I said after the initial relegation he did as much as he could with a club like Newcastle.
The fact is that he didn’t do nearly the job pardew did.
He gets the plaudits due to the name not So much the job he did.
It’s the same wit Ancelotti now. At present he’s done no more than big Sam but look at way the Everton fans are going on. Allardyce would’ve been ran out of town for that Liverpool FA cup debacle.

Even Bruce has got nufc relatively safe and having a cup run. The genius of benitez failed on that front.

the lauding of benitez is because of his record outside of nufc as if it reflects well towards nufc

he was negoiating for months for the Chinese job, that’s so clear from the way it was confirmed within two days.

yet all along he played the big bad Ashley card whilst they ignored his incompetence. Usually he was quiet after a win to bask in the adulation, but a defeat or draw was all down to ashley

the mags will never agree on this due to the self awareness gene in their dna being absent. It was bred out of them from 92 onwards, when football began

I don’t hate Benitez at all. I said after the initial relegation he did as much as he could with a club like Newcastle.
The fact is that he didn’t do nearly the job pardew did.
He gets the plaudits due to the name not So much the job he did.
It’s the same wit Ancelotti now. At present he’s done no more than big Sam but look at way the Everton fans are going on. Allardyce would’ve been ran out of town for that Liverpool FA cup debacle.

Bruce hated by Sunderland fans despite 10th place finish. Allardyce got 17th and couldn't get away quick enough for England but he's loved. What a paradox.

Back