Arnold Schwarzenegger - Chester le Street Lad

Anyone seen the Roker Report tweet about Arnold Schwarzenegger living in Chester le Street in the 1970s? Seemingly he knew John Citrone who was Mr Universe once upon a time (he is from CLS). Arnie trained in Sunderland and lived with the Citrone's for a short spell. I asked about on facebook and lo and behold a picture surfaces of Arnie in Chester le Street with some of the lads i know. Couldnt believe it.

Anyone know anymore about this story? Mental. :cool:
You learn something new everyday. Interesting.

Anyone seen the Roker Report tweet about Arnold Schwarzenegger living in Chester le Street in the 1970s? Seemingly he knew John Citrone who was Mr Universe once upon a time (he is from CLS). Arnie trained in Sunderland and lived with the Citrone's for a short spell. I asked about on facebook and lo and behold a picture surfaces of Arnie in Chester le Street with some of the lads i know. Couldnt believe it.

Anyone know anymore about this story? Mental. :cool:

This story was in the echo a while back

Last edited:
Not far wrong, the locals were kicking off because a Councillor donated £100 to fund a trip to the seaside for Syrian refugees

I'd rather not be lumped in with the more brain dead Cestrians :lol:

I couldn't believe it when I read it last week and then my mam confirmed it and thought I knew. Was a bit annoyed, I'd have been telling every fucker I told where I'm from!

I was involved in a thread on one of the Sunderland or Houghton Facebook pages a few months ago where we were talking about Arnie visiting the north east. I'd heard a while ago that he had stayed in Fencehouses when he was a young up and coming Austrian body builder but as that thread progressed it transpires he actually stayed at John Citrone's house in Chester-le-Street. He did visit Fencehouses though. The two of them used to chill out at a friend of theirs house just up from the Floater's Mill as you enter the village - the house near the scout hut that has the indoor pool (that was probably the attraction).

Apparently Arnie and John used to train at a gym in Byker or somewhere like that.

lived in Chester all me life, dont recognise any of them?
edit...knew Gary Ramshaw, was a class goalie, trialed for us if I remember.Gary was 3 school years older than me and im 55
Was it not Trevor who was the goalie? He works for BMW windows on Stella Gill now.
From what I can remember the older one was er well upholstered, although it looks like he's doing a Barry Siddall impression there

Neanderthals man, you can't reason with them and it's too easy to get frustrated and end up being abusive. Pleased I didn't see or I'd have been getting banned with you :lol:
I was never abusive. My last post was pointing out to a bloke who said there was no war now in Syria and they could go back that a school had been bombed that day and 8 kids killed... But at least they didn't find their way to CLS to spend our council tax

Back