Arguing with insurance company

What do you think is an acceptable amount of times to reject their compensation offer for a written off vehicle.
They offered me one around 2k less than market value of which I have sent them five different ads with a same age/model/mileage v but they keep asking for receipts/invoices for work done etc then lots of email tennis just basically being a pain in the arse to tire me out.

Help iz out here before I start emailing them calling them all chunts.

What do you think is an acceptable amount of times to reject their compensation offer for a written off vehicle.
They offered me one around 2k less than market value of which I have sent them five different ads with a same age/model/mileage v but they keep asking for receipts/invoices for work done etc then lots of email tennis just basically being a pain in the arse to tire me out.

Are you without a vehicle?
If so and you're sure you're being done advise them you expect a quick conclusion reflecting proper market value or there will be additional costs , hire , solicitor etc .
If you're in a union your union may have legal cover.

Are you without a vehicle?
If so and you're sure you're being done advise them you expect a quick conclusion reflecting proper market value or there will be additional costs , hire , solicitor etc .
If you're in a union your union may have legal cover.

It was a VW camper, stolen and burnt oot!

So I’m a vehicle down at the moment, but still have use of me car. Just think they are taking the piss, I can’t find any camper van which doesn’t need major work doing for less than they have offered.

So I’m a vehicle down at the moment, but still have use of me car. Just think they are taking the piss, I can’t find any camper van which doesn’t need major work doing for less than they have offered.
Ah that’s a pisser like the twat bags, guess the police were little to no help as well?

Insurance companies go off book value, not what joe bloggs prices his camper van at when selling it online, which is generally way over book price, even more so at present.

Was it MOT'd ? Surely that will have details of what work was done to pass it's test, and gives some kind of guide to other stuff required ( advisories) are they disputing its condition?

just haggle politely for a bit, show them adverts for similar vehicles, might try and meet you half way. As a last resort you could always threaten them with the ombudsman, but unless there is a massive difference in the valuation they probably wouldn't be interested.

Last edited:
Ah that’s a pisser like the twat bags, guess the police were little to no help as well?

Nah useless
Was it MOT'd ? Surely that will have details of what work was done to pass it's test, and gives some kind of guide to other stuff required ( advisories) are they disputing its condition?

All Mot’d in Jan, some work done, welding etc pretty justifiable for its age
Exactly what I was thinking :lol:

Didn’t realise shit for brains had thoughts 🤔😉
Sounds like an insurance job

Sound like a funny fella you like
just haggle politely for a bit, show them adverts for similar vehicles, might try and meet you half way. As a last resort you could always threaten them with the ombudsman, but unless there is a massive difference in the valuation they probably wouldn't be interested.

Cheers, pretty much what I’ve done so far
Don't take many of them joyriding or as a getaway vehicle, deffo been struggling with the pcp

PCP for a 35yr old VW, Christ, I thought you were dense and you have just confirmed it.

Last edited:

Put in a formal complaint and ask for their complaints procedure.

The front line staff have no clout and once it goes to complaint level it’ll move quicker.

I had an issue recently when someone drove into the back of me and earliest the insurance company offered to repair it and give me a hire car was four months! Got booked in within a few weeks after the complaint.

Appreciate its not the same scenario but it’s worth a shot. If you do end up going down the ombudsmen route they usually want you to have exhausted the complaints procedure so you’ll get a head start on that.

Always reject the first offer from an insurance company!

Tell them you think they're only offering you less as since the incident you've started to identify as a woman and they're being transphobic......

Back