Argentina and The Falklands

geographically closest. unless of course they can run and govern themselves.
what absolutely is for certain is that it’s not ours and like fuck should we have people giving their lives for it.
They do govern themselves.

But instead of us f***ing them off when the Empire ended we asked if they would like us to defend them should the need arise considering we have a shared history.

They said yes and reaffirmed that yes in referendums

Why should the Argies have it? It belongs to the people who live on it.

it’s Argentina’s, we’ve no right staking claim to it. Only my opinion. Sure plenty will disagree which is totally fine.
Why do you think Argentina should have sovereignty of the Falklands?

I'd be genuinely interested to hear why anyone would have this opinion.
what absolutely is for certain is that it’s not ours and like fuck should we have people giving their lives for it.
Sorry hadn't got to this bit.

The Argentinians are only the closest because they are the descendants of colonists who violently displaced the original population. The Falklands had no indigenous population. Using that logic the Falkland islanders could just as easily claim sovereignty of Argentina.
Ask yourself how any country owns any given piece of land?
Its not. This isn't about imperialism its about democracy.
Argentina is a South American country governed by the descendants of European imperialists anyway. I agree about the democracy part.

Last edited:
can't wait for all the corbyn melts to come and tell us we should give it to Argentina and that we owe the Falklands for years of tyranny 😂

Ive never heard anyone say that tbh

it’s Argentina’s, we’ve no right staking claim to it. Only my opinion. Sure plenty will disagree which is totally fine.

Ah scratch that. Jesus these people do exist

Last edited:
There’s a lot of islands around the world that belong to other nations. The Canary Islands are just off Africa. Without looking I think they’re closer to Morocco than any other country.
there’s a part South America that belongs to France.

They do govern themselves.

But instead of us f***ing them off when the Empire ended we asked if they would like us to defend them should the need arise considering we have a shared history.

They said yes and reaffirmed that yes in referendums

Why should the Argies have it? It belongs to the people who live on it.
Referendums you say. Since when do we respect referendum decisions on here?

Chile was closer until Argentina invaded Tierra del Fuego and claimed it as their own. And lets not forget The Falkland Islands as a country pre date Argentina so really the Falklanders have a greater claim to Argentina than Argentina have to the Falklands.
So what do think about The Faeroe Islands then mad Cyril? They are closer to Britain than Denmark so should we invade them as obviously using your logic they belong to us?

WW3 trending soon on twatter
It’s only a lovers tiff but I’m only upto page 2
So when are the Spanish going to give Tenerife to Morocco ?

Last edited:

Back