Aren’t dogs great!

A lot of dogs are quite happy with that. Many humans sit about at home, sit in the car going to work, sit at a desk, sit in the car going home then sit on the sofa watching TV. My dog is currently sat at the open patio doors watching the kids run around the garden. He could go and join them but doesn’t seem to want to be out anymore.
What? Your dog is indoors?

From the BBC

Australian police have praised a dog for remaining with a three-year-old girl as she spent a night lost in bushland.

The girl, Aurora, had been the subject of a large search after she wandered away from her home in Queensland.

She was followed by her family's 17-year-old cattle dog, Max, who is partially deaf and blind.

The dog stayed with the girl for 16 hours before relatives found them on a hillside on Saturday morning.

Aurora's grandmother, Leisa Marie Bennett, said she had heard the girl call out from the location, about 2km (1.2 miles) from home.

"I shot up the mountain and when I came to the top, the dog came to me and led me straight to her," she told the Australian Broadcasting Corp.

Relatives said Aurora had taken shelter with the dog under a rock as temperatures dipped to 15C (59F). She suffered only minor cuts.
Very clever animals tbf. They f***ing stink though.

Do dogs really need looking after?
A Fox's lifespan is 2-5 years. On average they live 1 disease-riddled, starving, horrible year then die. Only the lucky ones survive to 2. A wild dog in the UK would be no different. The average pet dog lives til 12 iirc. Only the unlucky ones die before reaching 10.
By looking after are you meaning taking it out twice a day? Feeding it when you want too?
The dog goes out when it wants. If it sits at the back door I know it's piss time, if it sits at the front door it's walkie time. Apart from that it's either asleep, chewing on a slipper/toy/my foot, or being stroked/scratched/pampered by whoever it can con into doing so.
Imagine living in a house in the summer and only getting out twice a day. Or worse still going out in the winter. With no choice of food. Barbaric mate. Along with horses in a field or tied up and we are a horse family (travellers) cruel!!!
I'm pretty sure you're just baiting here like. If not, then you've clearly never owned a dog and shouldn't be giving dog-owners moral advice tbh.

A Fox's lifespan is 2-5 years. On average they live 1 disease-riddled, starving, horrible year then die. Only the lucky ones survive to 2. A wild dog in the UK would be no different. The average pet dog lives til 12 iirc. Only the unlucky ones die before reaching 10.

The dog goes out when it wants. If it sits at the back door I know it's piss time, if it sits at the front door it's walkie time. Apart from that it's either asleep, chewing on a slipper/toy/my foot, or being stroked/scratched/pampered by whoever it can con into doing so.

I'm pretty sure you're just baiting here like. If not, then you've clearly never owned a dog and shouldn't be giving dog-owners moral advice tbh.
Deffo not baiting I'm just dead against keeping animals locked up. birds in cage, fish in a tank etc etc.
All the above you mentioned only work if your around. If you leave if can only do one thing. Wait.

Deffo not baiting I'm just dead against keeping animals locked up. birds in cage, fish in a tank etc etc.
All the above you mentioned only work if your around. If you leave if can only do one thing. Wait.

I think mine just sleep when I'm not in. If I happen to be at home on a weekday and decide to do some hoovering or something, our Jack gives me dagger looks and throws himself on the floor with a big sigh because I've disturbed his sleeping time :lol:

I think mine just sleep when I'm not in. If I happen to be at home on a weekday and decide to do some hoovering or something, our Jack gives me dagger looks and throws himself on the floor with a big sigh because I've disturbed his sleeping time :lol:

Its the hoover!!
For our oldest Jack - "Hoover monster" is Enemy Number 3 (after non-family cats, and our neighbours hound)

The hoover is number 3 enemy for my cat:

1) Any other cat, unless it's really big
2) The lawnmower
3) The hoover

Well I've just been out watering the garden and our 'out % about' cat has just scarpered over the wall into the wild blue yonder ......so water hose must be on her list

1, the hoover monster,
2, fireworks going off anywhere within a 700 mile radius,
3, a talking toy parrot that repeats whatever you say back to you in a funny voice.
Any of the 3 would reduce my last dog to a shivvering fanny hiding under the kitchen table.

Back