Aren’t dogs great!

I love dogs and they are great animals, just some idiots that own them are the problems, not a dig at responsible owners as most are but there are some dimwits out there that should not be allowed dogs

It is class when dogs bond with kids like that. We got a rescue dog in October and he has decided he is my 10 year old daughter's dog. We had a day out yesterday around a local reservoir. Most of the time, if we stopped to sit down anywhere, he lay flat out in the sun. When she went off without him to the toilet, he sat alert looking in the direction she had last gone until she returned - when she was welcomed with happy yaps and a full body wag, not just the tail. He could not relax knowing she was not there.

I have a slight recollection of our family having a dog for a short while. I was very young, so still not sure whether i imagined it. No idea what happened to it, but we also had a rabbit, which we ate, so who knows. I'm starting to warm to dogs though. Mainly through my wifes influence. This dog has a good look about him.

Also, an iPad to keep her busy and a small box of raisins to snack on.
I hear he had re-fashioned the Horn of Gondor from gathered twigs, used it to amplify his bark across the bush, and was sat doing a crossword, when the rescue team turned up.

From the BBC

Australian police have praised a dog for remaining with a three-year-old girl as she spent a night lost in bushland.

The girl, Aurora, had been the subject of a large search after she wandered away from her home in Queensland.

She was followed by her family's 17-year-old cattle dog, Max, who is partially deaf and blind.

The dog stayed with the girl for 16 hours before relatives found them on a hillside on Saturday morning.

Aurora's grandmother, Leisa Marie Bennett, said she had heard the girl call out from the location, about 2km (1.2 miles) from home.

"I shot up the mountain and when I came to the top, the dog came to me and led me straight to her," she told the Australian Broadcasting Corp.

Relatives said Aurora had taken shelter with the dog under a rock as temperatures dipped to 15C (59F). She suffered only minor cuts.
Imagine keeping a animal in a house and then on leash.

I love dogs and they are great animals, just some idiots that own them are the problems, not a dig at responsible owners as most are but there are some dimwits out there that should not be allowed dogs
What is a responsible owner?

Last edited:
Someone who looks after there dogs and takes care of it and thinks about others when they are out walking it, canny simple really I'm surprised you could not work that out yourself
Do dogs really need looking after?
By looking after are you meaning taking it out twice a day? Feeding it when you want too?
Imagine living in a house in the summer and only getting out twice a day. Or worse still going out in the winter. With no choice of food. Barbaric mate. Along with horses in a field or tied up and we are a horse family (travellers) cruel!!!

Do dogs really need looking after?
By looking after are you meaning taking it out twice a day? Feeding it when you want too?
Imagine living in a house in the summer and only getting out twice a day. Or worse still going out in the winter. With no choice of food. Barbaric mate. Along with horses in a field or tied up and we are a horse family (travellers) cruel!!!
A lot of dogs are quite happy with that. Many humans sit about at home, sit in the car going to work, sit at a desk, sit in the car going home then sit on the sofa watching TV. My dog is currently sat at the open patio doors watching the kids run around the garden. He could go and join them but doesn’t seem to want to be out anymore.

Back