Are you on LinkedIn??

Yes, it is really useful for what I do to find new potential clients. You have to get your tackle, rod and bait just right though to get the bites you want.
That said, there is so much shite on there with discussions, opinions, faked up stories to match heart-warming/wrenching photos. The only think missing is 'here is my meal this evening' photos. But they can all be ignored.

I'm on it but I don't really know what I'm supposed to do on it 🤷‍♀️

Just seem to get targeted by scam jobs.
That is exactly what I thought. I kept getting linkedin invites, so I eventually signed up and thought "now what?".

I did have all the mail from it going into a different mailbox and I can't find that mailbox now. Someone said it could be good when I was looking at changing jobs a while ago, so I thought about it and then got a job through traditional means, so never logged in.

They might have deleted my account because of inactivity. I'm probably listed as doing the job I was doing back in 2017, 3 jobs ago now.

Yes, it is really useful for what I do to find new potential clients. You have to get your tackle, rod and bait just right though to get the bites you want.
That said, there is so much shite on there with discussions, opinions, faked up stories to match heart-warming/wrenching photos. The only think missing is 'here is my meal this evening' photos. But they can all be ignored.
And the “ I’m always busy “ shot cleverly framed to show off the new kitchen ( and island unit ) - real intension to piss off former friend Samantha .

I’m on it and got my last job through it, a lot of cringey posts on it though. I also get messages from loads of Indian weld inspectors desperate for a job over here. Don’t really use it or post on it, just look for jobs.

Ive got a mate on there whose on 90k PA but cant spell. Crazy amount of chancers on.

Im also aware of people on there who are as thick as shite, doing data entry type jobs and they are on giving it the biggun. Isn’t it meant to be for professionals and folk with a trade?
A lot of people on there have job titles that I don't understand.
thats just the modern world. I created a thread on these fancy job titles once. Most folk in them are hiding behind the fact no one has a clue wtf they are doing.

Last edited:
That’s a modern phenomenon that blows my mind like. Blokes dropping/ picking bairns up from school.

Type of jobs do these fellas have ffs.
Did the school run today. Then as WFH back home for a full day. Actually have to use LinkedIn as part of my job, so my personal opinion on it is irrelevant really.
You're not one of 'them' are you. The 9am male brigade on chauffeur duty when it's time to be working earning bread
Back home by 9am to earn a crust.

Some of the names on there are mental. They use their name then add about 5 different qualifications after it.

I thought about adding "25m", in reference to my treasured primary school swimming award, after my name but I need to keep on the straight and narrow as I do actively use LinkedIn to find work and it has proved useful.

Some of the names on there are mental. They use their name then add about 5 different qualifications after it.

I thought about adding "25m", in reference to my treasured primary school swimming award, after my name but I need to keep on the straight and narrow as I do actively use LinkedIn to find work and it has proved useful.
Should’ve stuck in at school.

Back