Are you happy? Is your life going well?

My life is going very well thank you.
I’m married to a lovely person who I still think is just as beautiful as when we first met and married 29 years ago.
Our only son is a serving sailor in the Royal Australian Navy and actually gets promoted today to Able Seaman. He is an avionics technician and has the world at his feet. We are both very proud of him.
Our dog, whilst getting old still brings us joy on a daily basis.
I live in a country for the last 14 years which has been good to me and I have a job and hold a rank I’m proud of.
I have a nice house in a nice suburb with nice neighbours.
I have no money worries and whilst not rich I don’t have to wait for my pay every two weeks.
Other than a small mortgage I have no debts.
I have an injury to my leg - see the cycling 2021 thread - but I’m normally in very good health.
Overall I can have no complaints.
And you have all that nice weather to ride in, and no bloody hills.
All good for me.
Currently have good health.
No money worries.

Last edited:
I've got a great set up really but the non stop work with the covid cloud where its all fast lane has had its toll
Just need to count my blessings now and again.Need to get back seeing people ,mates and family etc
Its too easy not doing stuff and i'm at an age little health niggles come and dont go
I had a bit of a downer in august/September time working from home since March last year not having a job lined up for the new year. Took a month off work and used that time positively looking for new work and getting me head back in gear worked wonders. It’s shite not seeing anyone like

On a personal level everything is rosy. Love the lifestyle here, been here 25years+ and this is where I'll stay. Me and the wife both earn good money. Fortunately Covid has actually strengthened our position financially.
Pretty healthy and fit for a 50year old I hope, and I enjoy the outdoor lifestyle.

Despite all of this, I can't help but worry about the future world and life for my 9 year old daughter. It seems obvious at the moment we've seen the best of life on earth and it feels like she won't have the choices and freedom's or experiences we enjoyed.

The key is being satisfied with what you have. Christ knows how.

My problem is that what would make me truly happy is superficial. Bogged down with family life / work I fantasise about what would make me happy and it doesn't make me feel good about myself. I'd like to disappearear for a few months of complete hedonism, on my own away from anyone I know, but I know long term that wouldn't make me happy.

If I can be happy and content with what I have, then I've cracked it.

Sometimes I think the majority of us don't realise how good we have it. There's millions of people worse off.

I read an article about a young boy Arthur in Coventry yesterday that was abused by his parents. Absolutely tragic, I'll never moan about trivial things again after reading that. I can't stop thinking about him .

Sometimes I think the majority of us don't realise how good we have it. There's millions of people worse off.

I read an article about a young boy Arthur in Coventry yesterday that was abused by his parents. Absolutely tragic, I'll never moan about trivial things again after reading that. I can't stop thinking about him .

They should be strung up for what they put that kid through.

Monumentally fucks me off that people like that can have a child and put them through hell, and other people struggle to have one or two in the first place.
It's neither right or fair.

Last edited:

Back