Are you happy? Is your life going well?

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
I am and mine is. Yeah there’s always room for improvement but I’ve got pretty much everything I want. Had a few crap things in my life in the last year but I’ve erased them. Accepted a new job with the home office this week that I wasn’t even looking for and more money so nice way to end the year.

Just was interested to see how people are feeling. Had a funny few years I suppose and it would be nice to hear if people are optimistic for the future. We tend to dwell a lot on what’s not going so well.

Things were going great then the pandemic happened. I didn't work for 9 months, spent every penny I had then had to take out a 17 grand loan to my pay my mortgage and bills. This was in addition to paying a family lawyer to negotiate the sale of my flat with my ex. My outgoings were eye watering. Since work picked back up and working from home has become the norm I've more than tripled my salary, paid off the loan and sold my flat for a tidy profit. I always land on my feet.

Things were going great then the pandemic happened. I didn't work for 9 months, spent every penny I had then had to take out a 17 grand loan to my pay my mortgage and bills. This was in addition to paying a family lawyer to negotiate the sale of my flat with my ex. My outgoings were eye watering. Since work picked back up and working from home has become the norm I've more than tripled my salary, paid off the loan and sold my flat for a tidy profit. I always land on my feet.

Yeah? Well the cream cake I had was delicious

It’s as good as it can be.

Negatives -
I get horrendous depression and anxiety, consider suicide almost daily but I know in my heart I’d never ever do it.
marriage failure - been split up 4yrs now, took about 3 to get over it, won’t ever get married again, would def get another lass tho if the right one came about.
Sunderland AFC shit.

positives -
Absolutely love my job.
Got an amazing son.
Can afford to live where I do, pay bills and enjoy myself to a certain extent.
Mam and dad still alive.

after 41yrs on earth I’d give my life so far a solid 7.8/10.

Yeah but you don’t have windows now.

I ate en entire packet of sugar free kets the other day. My insides are like a f***ing warzone at the moment.
It’s an absolute nightmare isn’t it? I’m feeling abit better within myself now but was completely flushing myself out past few days I felt like shit. Now feel a lot better but need to be within throwing distance of a bog at all times still, my guts sound like Syria.

Was enjoying this post up until the bit in bold ended

Interesting how? Drug dealers or prostitutes?
It's a mixture of commercial and residential. My next door neighbour uses his as a studio of some sort. One day there were a load of models outside my window having tabs, which was pleasant. On another day there seemed to be a band in recording some acoustic stuff, which I was not particularly happy about. On Saturday when I was on my way out I saw a lass through the window who was wearing a fishnet bodystocking, clear heels and nowt else. I might have to befriend the lad who rents the space like.

In addition to this I made friends with the French lass who lives opposite when our paths crossed at 6am on Saturday morning. It would be best for everyone if she moved back to France now.

Plenty of things I'd like to change to improve things.
Not many of those things I can change. Or can easily change without major consequences.

It doesn't seem particularly fair that some things you'd like seem to come obscenely easily to some people, whereas for others the wait goes on, and even then it might not happen at all.

I'm hoping that when the sale of my flat goes through, that will make things better for us financially at least.

If I sit back and take stock of what we have, I am happy with it, but there always seems to be something to take the shine off it.
That's life, I suppose.

Back