Are you contented?

It's quite subjective and changes with different aspects of your life as well as an overall view. People place different levels of value on what's important to them and what makes them happy. As far as myself goes:

Money: Fairly content, i'm earning more now than at any point of my life
Work: Keeps me challenged and it's fairly interesting
Social life: Pretty non-existent (pre and post covid)
Love life: Don't even remember what it's like to have one
Home life: Have my own home and a wonderful little boy who's the light of my life

Overall I would say I'm fairly content with my life, if you take my son out of it I really couldn't say the same though

I’m in my 40s and pretty content, as long as my kids are happy and healthy it makes me happy. I’m low maintenance, quite happy with stuff out of the charity shop, not impressed with expensive bags or shoes and love a rummage round the charity shops. Don’t think I would like to be in 20’s now so much pressure for the perfect grey house or perfect face and body.

I meet people from all walks of life in my job and when out and about . Some are just generally happy people who seem to want for nothing and some are just never happy with their lot.
Are you happy with your lot? If not, what are you doing about it?
( it’s not just a financial thing but I do understand that this could be a factor).
I was until I found out I was going back to work this week :confused:

I've previously stated that i was, but we've now written off this years planned summer holiday. So a bit less contented than before. Will now have to bodge together something in this country. So no tan this year.

Yes, things getting better even though I'm one of the excluded Ltd Co Directors and the support hasn't exactly been rolling in from the government. Regained my focus after a few months after covid struck and the new idea for the business is now looking rather positive. Some important meetings coming up this month, the future could be bright for Mr Vulture-Chops.

I’m not content.....I’ve been in a relationship for the last 7 years where I didn’t really need to work. I’d just got back into finance and then got made redundant...
We’ve now split up and I’m left trying to find work without an actual career behind me and lost 7 years which is proving tricky...
I’ve started learning Ruby on rails
Computer coding, and web design...
It’s about a 9month process but I’m looking forward to frazzling my brain...the money once qualified will be good and after a few years, very good...and it’s fun (once you know it all)

I’m always going to be the type of person that has that drive to want to do better.I’ve always had goals,sometimes I’ve reached them sometimes not.

I’ll always (I think) want a nicer house in a better area,a better car,help friends,family and even strangers and life in general to be just better.At the same time i know wealthier people etc and I’d dare say some of them maybe look at my little life with envy as money is just froth really once the bills are paid.

I’m not stupid and understand money isn’t everything and of all the problems and woe I currently have or had in the past non of it is to do with money and money would never fix any of it which tells you all you need to know.

Me and the Mrs are currently Fostering a couple of kids and I find that one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done.I’ll always want to better myself and help people and I think that will to do better drives me on.

Back