Are you contented?

Generally speaking, yes. I don't have much material possessions but I do have thousands of great memories of holidays, days out, events and so forth. I get pissed off about my poor state of health at times, but by and large I've been lucky to have had the life I've led, and am looking forward to what the rest of it brings.

I can stay remarkably still tbh. Our lass says I’m a lazy get.
However some of the other so called indicators I definitely have.

The mind is complex mate.

Through these sessions I’ve found out even though I’m highly energetic I absorb information quickly and can focus and organise my mind to focus really intently on things that draw my interest - big plus point.

I also did a test without being told what it was beforehand. Answered honestly and found I scored 12 for emotional quotient. The average for men is 42. Women 44. Those on the autistic spectrum average 20 - negative point.

This explained a lot. I find it really difficult to pick up on social cues, I’m awkward. In the past people and myself to be honest thought I was just a cold heartless bastard. Maybe there’s a reason for this. I’m finding out and dealing with it. It’s not an excuse for certain behaviours I exhibit but being conscious of it means I can work on it.

The mind is complex mate.

Through these sessions I’ve found out even though I’m highly energetic I absorb information quickly and can focus and organise my mind to focus really intently on things that draw my interest - big plus point.

I also did a test without being told what it was beforehand. Answered honestly and found I scored 12 for emotional quotient. The average for men is 42. Women 44. Those on the autistic spectrum average 20 - negative point.

This explained a lot. I find it really difficult to pick up on social cues, I’m awkward. In the past people and myself to be honest thought I was just a cold heartless bastard. Maybe there’s a reason for this. I’m finding out and dealing with it. It’s not an excuse for certain behaviours I exhibit but being conscious of it means I can work on it.
I’m spot on with emotional stuff - one of my biggest plus points .
I find it hard to concentrate and absord stuff.
As you say it’s a complex matter.

I meet people from all walks of life in my job and when out and about . Some are just generally happy people who seem to want for nothing and some are just never happy with their lot.
Are you happy with your lot? If not, what are you doing about it?
( it’s not just a financial thing but I do understand that this could be a factor).

No I'm sick of this bastard shit c...nting weather

Contentment is nearly always temporary and always subjective, surely.

Saying that, I’m fairly content most of time.
The default state for a human is discontent . If something is good we want more or fear losing it , if something is bad we demand we are relieved from it . We can all recognise our general situation as one that on balance should or shouldn't facilitate contentment but minute to minute we seldom are .
It's a skill to be content , having said that I wouldn't swap my life with anyone were it possible so I can't be doing too bad.

I'm reasonably happy with my lot. A bit worried about how to fill the 10-15 year gap between now and when I can take my pension. I'm fine currently and the pension is sorted. I have no idea how I am going to pay mortgage and feed kids between now and then. Current contract ends at Christmas so I have that time to finish a software product I have been building for a while. No guarantees it will sell, so that is a bit stressful if I think about it too much.

I used to be..

Loss and new responsibility and I just can't get the same feeling back.... I do wonder if this is the new norm. So I had 36 years of great life and now it's just not as good until I die... I f***ing hope not, this feeling is crap compared to how it was

Content, bordering on...this is too much :D Don't spend the savings I have, buy second hand clothes, nice house, land, animals and work at home in my studio...missus is well and happy.

I look lucky, but few would have chosen my route or journey.

Retired. Never been busier. Enough honey in the cupboard to not go hungry. Forgiven myself all the many fuck ups I've caused myself and others. Building a garden that even if I say so is stunning. I can't turn back the clock.Material possessions mean nothing. The latin for enough is 'satis.' I've enough. I'm satisfied.
I genuinely feel sorry for those who can’t get no ... satisfaction.

Retired. Never been busier. Enough honey in the cupboard to not go hungry. Forgiven myself all the many fuck ups I've caused myself and others. Building a garden that even if I say so is stunning. I can't turn back the clock.Material possessions mean nothing. The latin for enough is 'satis.' I've enough. I'm satisfied.
I think you and my brother got mixed up in the hospital :D

Back