Are we really bothered

Sad fact, but this was our cup competition as a league 1 team.
Any suggestion that we are in some way above it is delusional.

You have to look at the attendance last night to see how many people are bothered about cup competitions.
Iirc the tickets were free for the majority of them.
The sooner we are out of all cups the better, however no excuses in the league once out of the cups.
I still think we will finish third

I couldn’t give a single fuck about the competition this year and neither could the club.
Barnsey said on Tertel Spert last night the owners have told Parkinson that they want another final because of the million quid they would get. So who knows.

a lot of people want us out the cups. yet arent happy that we lost.

I want us to win every game we play, cup runs are good fun and with not as much pressure as a league game means you can watch and try to enjoy it a bit more.

I'd happily put out a weaker side against Scunthorpe and be out of this thing - couldn't give a shot about it.

Hmm - to me wanting to lose to become a success is an oxymoron and a distorted way of thinking. If we are to be a club with players and supporters who lack a desire to win every match, then we'll never ever compete in the higher echelons of the PL. The teams currently competing in the champions league generally have to play two matches a week but still fight to win every match they play. If we're not aiming to be like that, we may as well just stay where we are.

I was there last night and when final whistle blew I was well gutted and quite worried about such a poor performance
me anarl. Second half in particular. No guts, no guile, no energy, you can get by with one, but you can’t afford to have none of them for any length of time in the same game.

I was looking at the table at half time last night and the win would of put us through. We have to beat Scunthorpe away to progress now. Last year people weren't bothered until we got to Bristol Rovers in the semi final and then fans went crazy for final tickets when we beat them. If we get through and do make the final then great but it is a 44 game long season with Bury being gone and In my opinion the fixture build up having more cup games is not needed as only thing I'm bothered about is promotion this year

To be fair, that midfield aren't the quickest and young lads should easily run rings around them.
OH WELL, THATS ALRIGHT THEN.
Funny how Man City and Mag U23s were put to the sword last season though ?
I was looking at the table at half time last night and the win would of put us through. We have to beat Scunthorpe away to progress now. Last year people weren't bothered until we got to Bristol Rovers in the semi final and then fans went crazy for final tickets when we beat them. If we get through and do make the final then great but it is a 44 game long season with Bury being gone and In my opinion the fixture build up having more cup games is not needed as only thing I'm bothered about is promotion this year
not a snowball in hells chance we will get to Wembo. The first away tie and we will be out.

Last edited:
Not arsed just expected a better performance, After all these are squad players and on last nights viewing of them no were near good enough for the first team.

Back