Are we really bothered

Rather be out of it, last year was cute and everything but it’s just a joke cup with youth teams diluting it. We need to concentrate on the league this year and if we keep improving there then that’s fine. If we perform the same however, then there is trouble. I reckon Mcgeoch, Kimpioka etc will be a bit further down Parkys pecking order now like.

Kimpioka looked a million miles off making it in a first 11. Might have a slight chance of coached correctly.
McGeoch should just be peddled in January. Useless.

Kimpioka looked a million miles off making it in a first 11. Might have a slight chance of coached correctly.
McGeoch should just be peddled in January. Useless.
They arnt in the first 11 and won’t be hopefully. I do worry however for McGeady as he slows the game down and always brings it inside, which isn’t what PP is trying to do. Plus his form has been dogshit

The big picture says no its the league that is priority.
I'm not at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honest the sooner we out this cup the better, the Wembley cup final was an amazing experience but we don't need it this year, the extra games are a big no no, yes I want us to win every game but we have to focus on the league this year and try and get promotion so to the OP's question couldn't care less about this result.

Honest the sooner we out this cup the better, the Wembley cup final was an amazing experience but we don't need it this year, the extra games are a big no no, yes I want us to win every game but we have to focus on the league this year and try and get promotion so to the OP's question couldn't care less about this result.
It explains things perfectly. Championship is the real target.

Nope the checkatrade and the owners demanding of a final as they saw the £££ cost us promotion, too many catch up games.

Last edited:
Are we losing perspective a little here? We got beat by a youth team of the team placed 3rd in the Prem at the mo and who had the gaul to win the Prem in the recent past. If they were our first team in league 1, they would probably be in s better position than we currently are. Not an excuse, just a fact.

About the cups?

in the grand scheme of things no, but its the manner we lost against a bunch of kids, when we lose on Saturday it will not be as painful which says it all. This has to go down as the most embarrassing result in our history ever and it wasn't as if we were playing any of our kids, all first teamers and they should all be totally ashamed. How much lower can we sink should be the only question SD should be asked !

About the cups?
Apart from winning the league this season, the freight rover trophy is our only obvious chance of winning silver ware this season. So last night was a poor result. It also showed our squad is not as strong as some people think it is.
The FA Cup just win our 1st rd tie and get into the 2nd RD, not really bothered after that.

Not happy with the performance when it was a fairly strong team out, but then I'm not fussed about the competition. Lot of people saying they'd be happier if we weren't in it but you don't get knocked out by winning every game.

in the grand scheme of things no, but its the manner we lost against a bunch of kids, when we lose on Saturday it will not be as painful which says it all. This has to go down as the most embarrassing result in our history ever and it wasn't as if we were playing any of our kids, all first teamers and they should all be totally ashamed. How much lower can we sink should be the only question SD should be asked !

Well said mate, I can't believe how many on here just don't get it.

All this utter bollocks about getting out of the competition asap as it puts a brake on our promotion hopes, ffs man.

It gives young uns the chance to impress (well it did last season eg Morecambe away) and gain experience, gives those coming back from injury some game time, AND more importantly, it gives game time to those on the fringe of the first 11 so that they aren't festering and becoming mood hoovers in and around the dressing room.

The Checkatrade had nowt to do with failure to gain promotion last season, indeed, we won 3 nil at Acc Stan the Wednesday after the Wembley loss, and people using it as an excuse are quite frankly talking out of their arses.

Back