Are we looking at potential teams dropping from the Championship

Just saying how i see it.
Having clubs in L1 doesnt do anything for the profile of football up here, it is hard enough trying to attract players and families to the area i would guess
It's noticeable when all 3 NE teams are in the premier as the Region is literally bouncing. Everyone is positive and the banter between clubs is "competitive". With us down here and the Boro possibly joining us is a bit of a death knell for NE football; you can see the hurt on some peoples faces because the one thing they loved to talk about has gone. Even the most gravy-drenched geordie will admit it's no fun to not be able to play either of your rivals, plus they've got nowt to shout about either.

It's noticeable when all 3 NE teams are in the premier as the Region is literally bouncing. Everyone is positive and the banter between clubs is "competitive". With us down here and the Boro possibly joining us is a bit of a death knell for NE football; you can see the hurt on some peoples faces because the one thing they loved to talk about has gone. Even the most gravy-drenched geordie will admit it's no fun to not be able to play either of your rivals, plus they've got nowt to shout about either.
Only one rival though really.

We need a miracle to progress from this league now, we've gone back at an alarming rate.

Getting freebies that nobody else wants is killing us.

Every team in this league is littered with freebies, it's how teams survive down here as there is no money and clubs get promoted doing it all the time. Our squad is way more expensive than everyone else's

I do.

To clarify, I think we will get the 5 players. Not as convinced PP will get us in playoffs. I'm not even sure he will reach end of transfer window to be honest. On present form he will be sacked before then.
Fair enough I wish I had your optimism

1 chance to get out of this league(in the right direction)and it was last year. This horror appointment and those behind it have condemned this club to death by a thousand cuts.

Looking ever more a likely a minimum of 3 seasons in the footballing wilderness with worse to come and despite not a single fan believing this was even a possibility 4/5 years ago you have posters falling over themselves to defend the situation and those responsible while having the gall to point the fingers at other fans for pointing out the sorry mess at the club.

It doesnt matter who comes down or who comes up as this club is treading water at best and until that changes the only way is down.

But, but, but, Short!1!!11

A rival that realistically you may never play a competetive League match EVER again
Is it still a derby ? Not criticising just not understanding the hatred of a team you probably will never play again. Cup match aside
In football it’s best not to use EVER or NEVER.

When boro were bust in 1986 did you EVER think that you’d win the league cup and compete in a European competition?

Back