Are we a better side than last season?

Willis has addressed a massive problem of no pace at the back, and mcnulty and a fit Wyke are stronger than what we had post Maja last season.

A solid full back and a quick, strong forward would probably leave us a bit stronger than last season....Still might not be enough for automatic tho.

Depends when last season you’re comparing us to. Baldwin and Flanagan were excellent early on and Maja is different class to our striking options.

I don’t think we are. Willis and Mcnulty have improved us slightly in those areas but I feel the loss of Oviedo,James and Cattermole has weakened in different areas. Credit to Ross for 3 wins on the trot but we have the look of just a play off team again. Two or three good signings would make all the difference, we can’t just keep relying on mcgeady.

No, we won't make the play offs under Ross

Easy to say but I'd like to see at least 1 quick fullback, and a wide player with serious pace even if that's just a youngster on loan. Tonight (again) there was loads of space behind a defensive line that knew we would be ponderous - overlapping fullbacks and the option of playing the ball over the top into channels would stretch the game in our favour and we might not look so laboured in midfield when that happens.

Says to me he is intelligent enough to see when something is not working and pragmatic enough to change it......Too many times managers just stick to their guns no matter what happens (Arsene Wenger for instance)

I'd have been more confident had we recruited the players required to play the formation he'd chosen to kick off with. I'm old fashioned, I like managers who have a coherent plan.

I don’t think we are. Willis and Mcnulty have improved us slightly in those areas but I feel the loss of Oviedo,James and Cattermole has weakened in different areas. Credit to Ross for 3 wins on the trot but we have the look of just a play off team again. Two or three good signings would make all the difference, we can’t just keep relying on mcgeady.
Weakened what? Our defensive shape, midfield or flanks? Sorry, just don't see any difference at all.

I think we'll be better balanced one the football league window closes... just back to where I'm staying after the match and we simply need to grind out wins to get enough points to go up.

So lets get this straight, you prefer the manager of the team we just beat to the manager of the team that just won? f***ing hell man.

I think the manager at Rochdale, with those resources, has his club playing a better brand of football than a manager with 10x the resources. We are miles away from competing in the Championship...

Tell me what the difference is with Ross than any of these League 1 managers besides the size of the chequebook?

Back