Are we a better side than last season?

Our performances were better at the start of last season.
Much better. Weve been shite to watch for months. Scraping a couple of wins against absolute.filth isnt going to change my opinion of ross. I want him gone

If he did take us up wed get destroyed every week with him in charge

Huge shame that James left in hindsight. Thought nothing of it at the time thinking Ross and our scouting team would have better in mind (and all over the park for that matter). Turns out they didn’t, and although he was just a consistently solid if unspectacular left back at this level it’s far better than what’s being served up there now. Willis is an improvement at centre back just for his pace but we are still crying out for a dominant centre back. Another issue is that I feel there are teams that have strengthened well like Coventry, good teams have come down and up into the division and we have stood still or are slightly worse off. Off the pitch mirrors on it, no plan or urgency.
dont agree, thought he was poor and broke down our play too often, delivery poor too

On paper we are (assuming we get a left back). Wyke looks fitter, McNulty looks good. Willis and Ozturk are better.

But I don't think our possession, quality of football, creativity etc reflects it.

Midfield really struggles to do anything other than look neat and tidy in this formation and I still don't know what we are trying to achieve going forward.

I'm pretty sure the problem is pace throughout the team. We have somehow managed to assemble a pretty slow squad and it shows. We are constantly trying to play through 11 and only mcgeady looks to have a change of pace.

To be fair to Rochdale they were picking the ball up in midfield and driving forward. Our midfield just moves it on 10 yards, sideways mainly, no drive.

I can't see anything other than a huge grind of a season where it is hardwork every game.

On paper we are (assuming we get a left back). Wyke looks fitter, McNulty looks good. Willis and Ozturk are better.

But I don't think our possession, quality of football, creativity etc reflects it.

Midfield really struggles to do anything other than look neat and tidy in this formation and I still don't know what we are trying to achieve going forward.

I'm pretty sure the problem is pace throughout the team. We have somehow managed to assemble a pretty slow squad and it shows. We are constantly trying to play through 11 and only mcgeady looks to have a change of pace.

To be fair to Rochdale they were picking the ball up in midfield and driving forward. Our midfield just moves it on 10 yards, sideways mainly, no drive.

I can't see anything other than a huge grind of a season where it is hardwork every game.
agreedm why hasnt coton and ross addressed this over the summer though?

I don’t think we are. Willis and Mcnulty have improved us slightly in those areas but I feel the loss of Oviedo,James and Cattermole has weakened in different areas. Credit to Ross for 3 wins on the trot but we have the look of just a play off team again. Two or three good signings would make all the difference, we can’t just keep relying on mcgeady.

It's still early days. We weren't helped by Ross' experiment with 3 at the back, and then (rightly) abandoning it, and having to readjust. Judge the team after a few more games. And let's hope we get a decent LB in.

3 point was the main thing.

But the question is if we lose mcgeady like we did last season through injury would we still win games?

Any team that loses such a class player would have that issue......Take Messis goals out of the Barca team and they win far less, same with Ronaldo at Madrid......McGeady is to us what those two are to their clubs so absolutely if we lose our best player it becomes harder to win.

Much better. Weve been shite to watch for months. Scraping a couple of wins against absolute.filth isnt going to change my opinion of ross. I want him gone

Watching Rochdale pass it around us and have absolutely zero fear of our squad was eye opening...Rochdale’s manager is much more impressive than Ross, imo.

Watching Rochdale pass it around us and have absolutely zero fear of our squad was eye opening...Rochdale’s manager is much more impressive than Ross, imo.
dresses like he's going on a long haul flight in economy. admire his zero fcks approach tbf

Imagine if we sacked Ross after an unbeaten start to the season and after 3 wins on the spin, we would be an absolute laughing stock and would be back to the days of being labelled a basket case of a club.

So lets get this straight, you prefer the manager of the team we just beat to the manager of the team that just won? f***ing hell man.

Last edited:

Back