Are there any good female vocalists?

Grace Potter has the greatest woman’s live voice that I have ever witnessed. She is absolutely phenomenal in concert.

Poor sound quality, but you will get the gist of how good she actually is live.......make sure you wait for the cover of Paint It Black.

Last edited:
Tin hat firmly on, but I’m going to throw Gwen Stefani into the mix. I’ve not been a fan of anything she’s released since about 1999 but her ability to seamlessly move from genre to genre and sound like a complete natural is something only a very good vocalist could do.

From about 7:30pm tonight, in the West End of London, maybe 200-400 professional female singers will perform in musicals.

99% of them you haven't heard of.
90% of them will be doing it for little more than minimum wage in between their better-paid waitress jobs.
100% of them have voices that would knock your socks off if you cared to listen.

From about 7:30pm tonight, in the West End of London, maybe 200-400 professional female singers will perform in musicals.

99% of them you haven't heard of.
90% of them will be doing it for little more than minimum wage in between their better-paid waitress jobs.
100% of them have voices that would knock your socks off if you cared to listen.

90% of them are waitresses?

Musical taste might be subjective but the quality of a singing voice is not. The things that make up a good singing voice, like pitch and tone, are scientifically measurable.

That's correct. However knocking my socks would mean I was personally very impressed by it.
Which comes down to taste.

If I thought it was crap, my socks would remain firmly on.

That's correct. However knocking my socks would mean I was personally very impressed by it.
Which comes down to taste.

If I thought it was crap, my socks would remain firmly on.

Okay mate. I get it. It is literally impossible to be impressed by something that doesn't fall within narrow self-imposed constraints, and all the millions of people who were blown away by Riverdance 25 years ago were in fact long-standing secret fans of Irish dancing.

Back