Are lies always a bad thing?

It's hideous mate, woman admitted on phone last week it has happened at the gateshead branch before, so clearly they haven't acted to make sure it doesn't happen again. Literally cannot get the fact she could be in a bin out of my head. Feel like I've totally failed her, and not afraid to admit she was my best mate in the world, always there when I needed her.
I feel your pain mate. my sister had to have one of her labs put to sleep in July. They were absolutely devastated and still are.

I understand you don't want to profit but this is quite a distressing fuck up. Get the compensation and use it to have a painting of her ( assuming you have photos) or something done to remember her by or buy a tree to plant in a spot you all loved instead. Sorry for your loss and extra distress caused by this.

A colleague suggested to get legal advice and use any compensation for future vet bills for my other dogs. I just want the whole situation put to bed. Getting some money won't ease the pain at all.

I was on holiday with my 12 year old couple of years back and his mother rang me to tell my my lads grandad was dying in hospital and wouldn't make it to see him get back. My lad knew he was ill and had to keep telling him his grandad would be there when he got back. Had a call on the second last day to say he'd died but not to tell my lad as the mother wanted to tell him. I had to keep saying it was all OK even tho I knew the heartache that was coming to my boy. In hindsight I'd have preferred her not to have told me anything then I wouldn't have had to lie to my son. I wish I'd said now so he knew and was ready.

That's an awkward situation.
Mrs K's family dog died when we were away in Scotland a few years ago. Her Mam told her when we got back, which was in my mind a much kinder thing to do than to tell someone while they're away. There's nothing they can do about it and it would totally ruin the rest of their time away.

Did they charge you extra for the individual cremation? If so, are they refunding you?

They do, yes. My first cat I paid to be cremated as we didn't have anywhere to scatter or bury the ashes at the time. I'm not sure what I'd have done if I did. We have a garden now, but even when the sad time comes for the others, I suspect I'd go with the cremation rather than burial. In a way I think I'd always look at the spot where they (or their remains) are.
I still know where our pets from when we were little are burried at my Mam and Dad's house. I suppose those are the things that stay with you.

A colleague suggested to get legal advice and use any compensation for future vet bills for my other dogs. I just want the whole situation put to bed. Getting some money won't ease the pain at all.
Whatever is best for you marra. It's a horrible situation to have been put in.

Basically as some of you may have seen on another thread, we had to have our Labrador put to sleep suddenly last Sunday. Very very traumatic experience, and I know it is part and parcel of owning pets. What makes it ten times worse is we rang the vets on the Tuesday to arrange her individual cremation and to pick out her urn etc etc. We were told on the night to ring before the following Friday so she could be picked up and returned to us this week. I received a phone call last Wednesday and told she had been placed in a "wrong coloured bag" and was therefore taken on the Monday and had a communal cremation the next day (basically along with road kill) and we cannot obviously get her ashes returned to us. All I can imagine is she has just been dumped in a bin or put in a landfill. Absolutely f***ing finished me off if i'm being honest.

Was talking to the wife last night, and basically cannot understand why the vets told us, they could have just got in touch with pet crematorium, explained situation and had them send out an urn. We'd have been none the wiser, and would not have had the extra stress not getting her ashes back has caused.
Firstly, sorry for your loss and the trauma you’re going through.
Secondly, they can’t lie about stuff like this, think they’re legally bound to tell you what happened, from what I’m a aware cremation is quite tightly regulated. I can see where you’re coming from about why didn’t they lie to ease your pain but it’s a shit situation all round for everyone.

Yep paid in advance. They were meant to be in contact yesterday regarding refund. They also offered some compensation but not interested in making money from her death.
I'd donate the money to an animal rescue charity or something, but wouldn't just turn them down. An apology costs nothing and they will feel that they have gotten away with it - hit them hard in the wallet and they will know bloody well to take more care with other people's pets!

Back