Are car headlights getting brighter ?

Too many fuckwits driving around with fog lights on constantly too
This. And I don't know about other cars but with mine you physically have to put them on each time you restart your engine. So there are actually people putting them on in the middle of a perfectly clear day

Was thinking this tonight myself.

Had the pleasure of a tank sized suv filling my entire car with it's blinding God like lights.

Was actually quite dangerous as I couldn't see a f***ing thing out any mirrors.

This aswell. Had this the other night ended up having to slow right down to about 40 on a national speed limit because I couldn't see a thing. People don't realise they're driving around with the beams too high

Last edited:

I think the maximum height for headlights is 41/2 ft.and everybody these days seem to be driving great big s.u.v's which are just status symbols, so on average every second car that comes towards you has lights as high as a lorry.

I think the maximum height for headlights is 41/2 ft.and everybody these days seem to be driving great big s.u.v's which are just status symbols, so on average every second car that comes towards you has lights as high as a lorry.
Lorry lights now seem quite low in comparison to SUV things.

I refused to pay £8 to Halfords so I asked a bloke in the car park to help.
:lol:
Did you hold, then pass him the bulb?

Don’t get me started on rear fog lights, tiny proportion of drivers seems to know when to use them.
Weird. Was driving in the fog Saturday night, had my front ones on, but when I put rear ones on, the car told me to turn turn off!?

IThat’s what I get for driving a small car, like. I hate the modern trend for needlessly big cars, makes people feel safer inside their own car, I’m sure, but really fucks with smaller car drivers when it comes to lights and whatnot.
Not just small cars, mine's a run of the mill hatchback but get an SUV behind and the headlights are right in the rear window.

Had some daftarse drive right through Pallion and halfway down to the new bridge behind us with the full beams on last week. Wasn't much better when they went off.

A genuine laugh out loud :lol:
I'd have told you to piss off and fit your own bulb. Unless you're built like Tyson and just as mean looking of course. Then I'd have politely declined.:)
He was a big lad but really friendly.

He kept saying that it was fiddly and that he needed ‘girl hands’ at which point both my 10 year old daughter and I swiftly stuck our hands into our coat pockets.

I keep dipping my rear view mirror all the time, constantly being dazzled by brighter and brighter front beams from behind. Doesn't help sitting in a low car but it's definitely getting worse. You can always tell if it's a BMW with its adaptive lights as they are comfortably the worst lights to come up behind you as they don't adjust enough.
They aren't much better coming at you either as they react far slower than people do. Most people dip their headlights when they can see oncoming cars lights before they can see the car, these adaptive lights only adjust a second after it blinds the shit out of you first

Back