Arctic Monkeys

True,but. Using metrics you can gauge which was their best album. Sales of TBH&C are the lowest sales figures of all their albums
Naaaah. Though you can judge which album sold the most that’s for sure.
Just tried it again and just dont get it, its not for me. AM was their defining album for me and the last one just doesn’t do it. Brave that he’s stepped away from the norm but it so far moved from the Arctic Monkeys sound its just noise. A weird sort of acid jazz.

Looking at the album sales back my point up. AM 1.5 million sales, TBH&C 220,000
Means nowt.

TBH&C is their finest moment so far.
He’s a good lyricist but their previous penchant for twelfth generation hand me down meat n potatoes basic guitar-bass-drum stuff had held them back creatively for a while. You can’t beat a bit of cabaret singing Astronaut with a Young Americans obsession. Good on them. Hopefully he’ll stick to his guns in future and let their Quo fan element relive their youth listening to The Antarctic Monkeys in pub back rooms up n down the land.
I was like 18 at the time of the first album so holds good memories for me but i never listen to it

I personally love suck it and see and humbug the best

Wasnt a fan of AM

He’s talented as fuck though. They have grown so much

Saw them supporting (to be fair I think they were rotating headliners) Maximo Park, with Mystery Jets and We Are Scientists. In Edinburgh 2006. They were absolutely class.

True,but. Using metrics you can gauge which was their best album.
Disagree.
TBH&C is their finest moment so far.
He’s a good lyricist but their previous penchant for twelfth generation hand me down meat n potatoes basic guitar-bass-drum stuff had held them back creatively for a while. You can’t beat a bit of cabaret singing Astronaut with a Young Americans obsession. Good on them. Hopefully he’ll stick to his guns in future and let their Quo fan element relive their youth listening to The Antarctic Monkeys in pub back rooms up n down the land.
From reviews it suggests he has to at least a large degree, stuck to his guns.

Last edited:
Still loves the Enemy and the Courteeners ^
:lol: The Enemy were dreadful. Loved the Courteeners first album but they've been pretty poor after that. I actually went to see them at my first post-lockdown gig last year for a bit of nostalgia and they weren't great live.

Saw them supporting (to be fair I think they were rotating headliners) Maximo Park, with Mystery Jets and We Are Scientists. In Edinburgh 2006. They were absolutely class.

Nah they weren’t it was the nme tour

Loads fucked off after the arctic monkeys in Newcastle :lol:
:lol: :lol:

He's got to be one of the most down to earth rock stars ever. Lives in a two up two down in Hackney and still drinks in the same pub he did a decade ago.

Why the hate?

It’ll have been the crazy accent that appeared around the AM album tour

True,but. Using metrics you can gauge which was their best album. Sales of TBH&C are the lowest sales figures of all their albums

Far less people buy physical now than in 2006 so we can't rely on sales figures as a measure of popularity tbh. And certainly not as a gauge of quality as @James already pointed out.

You can - and I have ;) - get a #1 record with circa 10-15k week 1 sales in the past year or so. Means almost nothing, apart the 6" trophy.
It’ll have been the crazy accent that appeared around the AM album tour

Cocaine eh

I find music aging an interesting thing. Doesn't matter if its good or bad, some music just ages badly and other music doesn't. It'd a weird thing.

I say this as I thought their first album was pretty decent, but I think it's aged very badly.

Back