Arctic Monkeys

I like them all in that they almost feel like one continuous piece of work. If ever an album was suited to an entire play it's this (tbf I don't usually skip songs anyway, preferring an album to just play through).

ffs :lol:

Yep, bought TBH&C on vinyl on release day for this exact reason, haven’t done that for years. Took us a few listens like but when it clicks it clicks. The whole thing hangs together amazingly. I know what I’m listening to tonight… that or Royal Albert Hall Live.

The majority of people enjoy simplistic music. It's why pop writing teams, with a formula, do so well.

Doesnt mean it's better though.

Just look at the numbers that piled into KOL for utter dross like Sex on Fire, whilst completely ignoring their actual good previous work.

Plus, your average music listener these days has the attention span of a goldfish. Give a song a minute or an album one spin and that's that. On to the next. Plenty on here who love the last record (reminder, that's their best one) have said it grew on them. The best ones usually come up on on the rails. The instants are often quickly forgotten about.

Totally agree with your sentiments regarding KOL, and the "wankfest" regarding the single Sex on Fire.

That poor excuse for a music station, Heart FM....( not a station in my right mind I'd listen to, makes my ears bleed, but my job involves being in places where this is the staple station of choice) a station for people who hate music imo. That track was constantly being played, and every presenter wetting themselves over it, having no idea of their back catalogue.

The Bandit track off their last album from 2021 was largely ignored, even though it's an absolute stomper. They did a great version of this in their own studio during lockdown 2021, on the Jools Holland show 👍

The crowd is quality for this performance.

'But we'll stick to the guns
Don't care if it's marketing suicidal
Won't crack or compromise
Your do-rights or individes
Will never unhinge us'

I was there

Probably my favourite gig of that album campaign

Totally agree with your sentiments regarding KOL, and the "wankfest" regarding the single Sex on Fire.

That poor excuse for a music station, Heart FM....( not a station in my right mind I'd listen to, makes my ears bleed, but my job involves being in places where this is the staple station of choice) a station for people who hate music imo. That track was constantly being played, and every presenter wetting themselves over it, having no idea of their back catalogue.

The Bandit track off their last album from 2021 was largely ignored, even though it's an absolute stomper. They did a great version of this in their own studio during lockdown 2021, on the Jools Holland show 👍
Think KOL had the ability to be as good as AM and their early stuff was brilliant, obviously made a big effort to go ‘stadium rock’ and it worked in the short term…

Tbf to them they made a ton of money and married super models, not all bad I guess :lol:

Last edited:
Just saw there Alex Turner has done an interview with L’Equipe. Wouldn’t mind reading it if anyone knows how to get a translation.

There’s a Reddit translation somewhere

Nowt about their new music

All about Wednesday and martial arts :lol:

Back