Archie Battersbee Case

According to the report on the radio this evening, his organs are starting to fail. You can understand the family's view (but not those shitehawks who are using them) but sadly their boy is not ever coming back.

According to the report on the radio this evening, his organs are starting to fail. You can understand the family's view (but not those shitehawks who are using them) but sadly their boy is not ever coming back.
The problem is they believe he will, as would any parent seeing their child they have brought up since born in the same position. A few comments on here not reflecting what I’ve just said, and a bit insensitive imho.

A devastating sad story regardless. 😢

Seen this on Reddit. Sounds like the mother is not all she seems.

I gave up after reading that her posting pictures of her son was “pedobait” and referencing the fact that she’s been a stripper and a ring girl as some kind of indicators that she’s a unfit mother. “Rumoured” to have done work on the side FFS.

There may well be some valid criticisms in there but I suspect whoever wrote that Reddit post is a spiteful little troll.

I gave up after reading that her posting pictures of her son was “pedobait” and referencing the fact that she’s been a stripper and a ring girl as some kind of indicators that she’s a unfit mother. “Rumoured” to have done work on the side FFS.

There may well be some valid criticisms in there but I suspect whoever wrote that Reddit post is a spiteful little troll.
A cesspit...not a shock

That's the rub of it. The person who's inserted their own judgements is obviously a knob, but the facts remain: money raised when everything is pro bono - where is it going? The changing story, and apparently a kid who has died doing a Tiktok challenge without recording himself. Add on top of that gathering crowds outside of the hospital to bay at people going in and out - who have their own shit going on - and alleged mistreatment of staff and it's just a bloody miserable picture.

Badunitedkingdom, by any chance?

Impossible for the parents to come to the decision to switch off their child's life support. Their son is alive, well his body is, and they don't want to let him go.

Heartbreaking for everyone. Spare a thought also for the doctors, nurses and the judge who have to make the decision to end a child's life.
If his brain is dead then his body isnt alive unfortunately…… such a sad situation but the best outcome imo has prevail…Rip little man

As a parent I understand the desire to keep hoping even when it’s futile and I do sympathise with his family who must be devastated.
Eventually he will succumb to infection or organ failure but meantime he’s using resources that might be needed by another child with a better chance of recovery. If you were the parent of that child I suppose you’d feel differently. It’s a terrible situation all round and not one in which I’d ever want to be involved. The doctors and staff caring for Alfie must be very torn.

Just so hard for family and medical staff

Totally understands the parents but from the outside looking in, they have to realise that the doctors are right

Whatever happens its just sad and heart breaking for all concerned

Impossible for the parents to come to the decision to switch off their child's life support. Their son is alive, well his body is, and they don't want to let him go.

Heartbreaking for everyone. Spare a thought also for the doctors, nurses and the judge who have to make the decision to end a child's life.
Sadly he isn’t alive. Part of his brain matter was found in his lumbar spine as it has become necrotised. His body has given up and sadly the machines won’t work for much longer.

Sadly he isn’t alive. Part of his brain matter was found in his lumbar spine as it has become necrotised. His body has given up and sadly the machines won’t work for much longer.
Terribly sad.

I know he was trying to do something from YouTube, but what was it if anyone knows?

Terribly sad.

I know he was trying to do something from YouTube, but what was it if anyone knows?
Allegedly a blackout challenge from TikTok where one chokes oneself, but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of evidence that the challenge exists or that he was doing it at the time.

Terribly sad.

Basically this tik tok challenge where you deprive your brain from oxygen and black out. To do it quickly, he’d have likely effectively cut off the oxygen supply by choking himself via a chord or a belt or something.

It’s really stupid, but it was basically for social media likes - which is what the majority of youth are after nowadays.

Back