Aps/software

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokieguest

Central Defender
What advice /Aps /software would you recommend to manipulate photographs ? I am a complete amateur, I don't particularly know what I have in mind, or what is possible, but just thought that you people on this thread , would know a few things. I am aware of Adobe, but don't know alot about it. Also some one has said that Prisma is a good ap, but I am more interested in computer software. Costs are also a factor.
Thanks for this " photography" subject by the way, most helpful.

I think most people use photoshop or lightroom nowadays. If cost is a problem I'm sure you can subscribe for a licence for around £8 a month instead of paying a couple of hundred up front to buy the software outright.

The high end software would be Photoshop and Capture One (or Lightroom but Capture One processes RAW files better imo). For more basic editing you might want to look at Photoshop Elements (i think thats usually a cheaper and more 'lite' version of Photoshop), or something like Photos/iPhoto on a Mac.

Wahay !!!!! here he is, wondered when you would surface :)
See you next week, bring your sunset filter ;)

What advice /Aps /software would you recommend to manipulate photographs ? I am a complete amateur, I don't particularly know what I have in mind, or what is possible, but just thought that you people on this thread , would know a few things. I am aware of Adobe, but don't know alot about it. Also some one has said that Prisma is a good ap, but I am more interested in computer software. Costs are also a factor.
Thanks for this " photography" subject by the way, most helpful.
If you're converting from RAW, capture one all the way

yep, capture 1. Harder to use than lightroom but you'd think the images were taken with a different camera.

I just downloaded prisma onto my ipad yesterday !
It's much more aimed at folks wanting to add daft hats or nice surrounds to their photos.
I have photoshop elements 11, got it for £10 from bay, and a "dummies" manual from Barter Books in Alnwick for £3. Well worth it.

I don't like change.
I think Kenaldo posted some before and after stuff a while back. Remarkable difference

He's also lost 2 stone in weight since getting C1

FACT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back