APRIL 2015 - VOTING - LANDSCAPE IN PORTRAIT FORMAT

APRIL 2015 - Landscape in Portrait

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Should hoy a link to this on the main board, get some votes in and raise awareness about the May comp!
just feel free to mate, the mods rarely oblige my requests to sticky it anyway so it doesn't matter who makes a linking thread on SMB

Congrats to icbyd!

Voting was weak this month wasn't it?

Was the water picture (canal/river) taken by oROSSo. I love the colours in that picture - beautiful. Is it in Italy?

I think you [whoever took photo] was let down a
little by it not being obvious on the voting page that it could be an urban landscape too.

′°°°°°°°°°°°°°′°′°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I got my just desserts :). I was away and was not on the internet for 2 weeks and knew it was a landscape city/sea/urban but I forgot it had to be in portrait mode. My seascape was not taken in portrait - it was cropped to portrait. (I worked on the fact that post production is allowed, but I would have taken it in portrait mode if I had remembered). And for the horizontalists, mine looks like the light blue sea is sloping to the right, but if you look at the thin line of dark blue sea above it I believe it is straight. Mind , I don't think I should be buying a new camera but paying for photography lessons instead. 2 months now with no points, my worst run and beaten this month by the runner up photo with three points which is under exposed and a seriously sloping horizon. :(:lol:. (And I'm not moaning just laughing; and no offence at all to the taker of the photo).

And as a troublemaking bit, I thought I had voted for photo 1 which would have led to a tie. My vote doesn't show, so to the taker of photo one - sorry.:oops::(

Last edited:
Congrats to icbyd!

Was the water picture (canal/river) taken by oROSSo. I love the colours in that picture - beautiful. Is it in Italy?

little by it not being obvious on the voting page that it could be an urban landscape too.

I got my just desserts :). I was away and was not on the internet for 2 weeks and knew it was a landscape city/sea/urban but I forgot it had to be in portrait mode. My seascape was not taken in portrait - it was cropped to portrait. (I worked on the fact that post production is allowed, but I would have taken it in portrait mode if I had remembered). And for the horizontalists, mine looks like the light blue sea is sloping to the right, but if you look at the thin line of dark blue sea above it I believe it is straight. Mind , I don't think I should be buying a new camera but paying for photography lessons instead. 2 months now with no points, my worst run and beaten this month by the runner up photo with three points which is under exposed and a seriously sloping horizon. :(:lol:. (And I'm not moaning just laughing; and no offence at all to the taker of the photo).

And as a troublemaking bit, I thought I had voted for photo 1 which would have led to a tie. My vote doesn't show, so to the taker of photo one - sorry.:oops::(
I think you 'liked' a pic in the album rather than voting for it.

Nope, I didn't enter. Been so busy lately haven't had time to get out, I go to Italy in a few weeks though so hoping to get something there.

I think the SMB have been so caught up with the election they didn't have time to cast their vote for this

Crikey I came last with 4 votes a couple of months ago :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

June can be 'the colour of spring'

Start as of now

Interpret as you see fit. Doesn't have to be a landscape, but plenty nice colours around now if you want it to be. Apologies to those in the southern hemisphere

@oROSSo

Congrats to icbyd!

I got my just desserts I was away and was not on the internet for 2 weeks and knew it was a landscape city/sea/urban but I forgot it had to be in portrait mode. My seascape was not taken in portrait - it was cropped to portrait. (I worked on the fact that post production is allowed, but I would have taken it in portrait mode if I had remembered). And for the horizontalists, mine looks like the light blue sea is sloping to the right, but if you look at the thin line of dark blue sea above it I believe it is straight. Mind , I don't think I should be buying a new camera but paying for photography lessons instead. 2 months now with no points, my worst run and beaten this month by the runner up photo with three points which is under exposed and a seriously sloping horizon. :(:lol:. (And I'm not moaning just laughing; and no offence at all to the taker of the photo).

And as a troublemaking bit, I thought I had voted for photo 1 which would have led to a tie. My vote doesn't show, so to the taker of photo one - sorry
It's the ponte vecchio in Florence Peachy. Can't believe you haven't been there ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back