April 13th live footy on tv

I agree wholeheartedly. Spoons is on my boycoutt list along with Nestle and Next.

Afternoon mate 😎

Afternoon marra. I heard they were artificially inseminated. Straight up. No bull!

Quietly confident. We seem to play better away from home.

Afternoon pet, agree with you about Spoons etc and I would add that plastic bakers Greggs to it. You can't beat a village bakers, mine is Gosforth NOT that one man the one in North West Cumbria - lush home baked bread, pies. strawberry tarts
nee wonder I struggle with me weight. Have a great day stay safe, stop flashing and take care of yourself and all.
☺️ ☺️ 🤗

I agree wholeheartedly. Spoons is on my boycoutt list along with Nestle and Next.

Afternoon mate 😎

Afternoon marra. I heard they were artificially inseminated. Straight up. No bull!

Quietly confident. We seem to play better away from home.

#NEVERSPOONS: HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD THINK TWICE BEFORE BOYCOTTING WETHERSPOON’S​

JULY 16, 2020 · MAKING MONEY
Logon or register to see this image

In the weeks since pubs reopened in the UK, many people have called for a Wetherspoon’s boycott. A #NeverSpoons app has even been created to help people avoid the popular pub chain and support independent establishments instead. But is it a good idea to boycott Spoons in the middle of a pandemic?

HOW DID THE #NEVERSPOONS BOYCOTT START?​

The #BoycottWetherspoons / #NeverSpoons campaign first kicked off when Wetherspoon’s boss Tim Martin shared a video at the start of lockdown in which he told staff there could be delays in wage payments while the government’s furlough scheme was set up. He suggested they may wish to get a job at a supermarket.
Staff, unions, MPs and the public all criticised Tim Martin’s comments and some called for a total boycott of all Wetherspoon’s pubs.
Wetherspoon’s later performed a u-turn and agreed to pay furloughed staff, after 90 MPs wrote to the chain and demanded they support their workers during the pandemic.
MP Jo Stevens tweeted: “Wetherspoons have u-turned on decision not to pay 43,000 staff while pubs are shut. Staff to be paid on April 3 and weekly after that. Good news, but people won’t forget political pressure forced your hand Tim Martin.”
This wasn’t the first time Wetherspoon’s staff have felt let down by their employer. In fact, Tim Martin has quite the track record for mistreating and exploiting his staff. He’s been accused of paying ‘poverty wages’ by Owen Jones and many workers have spoken out about being forced to promote pro-Brexit propaganda in fear of losing their jobs.
For many pub goers, Tim Martin’s latest behaviour has been the final straw, inspiring them to boycott his pubs in favour of independent businesses

Afternoon pet, agree with you about Spoons etc and I would add that plastic bakers Greggs to it. You can't beat a village bakers, mine is Gosforth NOT that one man the one in North West Cumbria - lush home baked bread, pies. strawberry tarts
nee wonder I struggle with me weight. Have a great day stay safe, stop flashing and take care of yourself and all.
☺️ ☺️ 🤗

I was in little village Post Office/shop when I was working on that big project. The woman was taking freshly baked stuff pies and stuff out of the oven. It smelled heavenly 🤤

Also another shop where it was joined onto a house and the door between the house and shop was open. They were cooking Indian food and it smelled lush.

Morning Hank, morning Rip, morning lovelies x
Afternoon Kaz
Good afternoon Hank, Good afternoon becs, Good afternoon all.

Just us tonight I think.

The farmer has brought a herd of cows into the field I look over. They will be having little cows in a month or so.

Down to see the granddaughters today.

Be safe all and remember to do that thing you forgot to do...
Afternoon Johnna. Enjoy the grandbairns mate.
And I would if I could remember what it was.
Arternoon peeps

IT staff at work helped nicely after 2 hrs ✅

Checked out some legal/contract info before chasing Directors of a v big business ✅

My own business Project extension discussions didn’t hit a closed door ✅

Northern office doing well on other 2 Projects ✅

Own laptop IT issue resolved ✅

Son took daughter to look at a place to rent - seems they liked it but probably unsuccessful ❌

Plenty more graft to do 🔎

So it continues......

Enjoy ya selves
Afternoon Wakey
Afternoon marra 😎

Afternoon marra. It was cold like but I've just been for a walk in the sunshine and was warm with a fleece on. Madness this weather!
It’s nuts right enough.
☺️ ☺️ 🤗
Afternoon Bonnylad. I’ve had a lifetime love affair with pies but I’d rather hacksaw my own feet off than buy anything from greggs.

#NEVERSPOONS: HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD THINK TWICE BEFORE BOYCOTTING WETHERSPOON’S​

JULY 16, 2020 · MAKING MONEY
Logon or register to see this image

In the weeks since pubs reopened in the UK, many people have called for a Wetherspoon’s boycott. A #NeverSpoons app has even been created to help people avoid the popular pub chain and support independent establishments instead. But is it a good idea to boycott Spoons in the middle of a pandemic?

HOW DID THE #NEVERSPOONS BOYCOTT START?​

The #BoycottWetherspoons / #NeverSpoons campaign first kicked off when Wetherspoon’s boss Tim Martin shared a video at the start of lockdown in which he told staff there could be delays in wage payments while the government’s furlough scheme was set up. He suggested they may wish to get a job at a supermarket.
Staff, unions, MPs and the public all criticised Tim Martin’s comments and some called for a total boycott of all Wetherspoon’s pubs.
Wetherspoon’s later performed a u-turn and agreed to pay furloughed staff, after 90 MPs wrote to the chain and demanded they support their workers during the pandemic.
MP Jo Stevens tweeted: “Wetherspoons have u-turned on decision not to pay 43,000 staff while pubs are shut. Staff to be paid on April 3 and weekly after that. Good news, but people won’t forget political pressure forced your hand Tim Martin.”
This wasn’t the first time Wetherspoon’s staff have felt let down by their employer. In fact, Tim Martin has quite the track record for mistreating and exploiting his staff. He’s been accused of paying ‘poverty wages’ by Owen Jones and many workers have spoken out about being forced to promote pro-Brexit propaganda in fear of losing their jobs.
For many pub goers, Tim Martin’s latest behaviour has been the final straw, inspiring them to boycott his pubs in favour of independent businesses
Horrible man. I hope people don’t forget him for what he’s done. No doubt some will. Morals go out of the window for a pint of cheap p**s .
Mmm... Cowlings...
:) :) :) 😋 😋

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon Kaz

Afternoon Wakey

It’s nuts right enough.

Afternoon Bonnylad. I’ve had a lifetime love affair with pies but I’d rather hacksaw my own feet off than buy anything from greggs.

Horrible man. I hope people don’t forget him for what he’s done. No doubt some will. Morals go out of the window for a pint of cheap p**s .

Nail on the head Dilli principles are put aside by some people when it comes to money.

I'd much rather support local businesses.

Afternoon Kaz

Afternoon Wakey

It’s nuts right enough.

Afternoon Sir Dilli.
What is the menu today at Gaf Manor?

Nail on the head Dilli principles are put aside by some people when it comes to money.

I'd much rather support local businesses.
Loads of small independent pubs have gone to the wall during this, and others are and will struggle. Factory pubs are taking over and will eventually strangle the market. See how long they stay cheap when they’re the only game in town. Small independents will get my money every time.
Afternoon Sir Dilli.
What is the menu today at Gaf Manor?
I have no idea mate. I’m busy painting the porch so Mrs D has the choice today. She’s out just now so I’ll have to see what she brings back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loads of small independent pubs have gone to the wall during this, and others are and will struggle. Factory pubs are taking over and will eventually strangle the market. See how long they stay cheap when they’re the only game in town. Small independents will get my money every time.

I have no idea mate. I’m busy painting the porch so Mrs D has the choice today. She’s out just now so I’ll have to see what she brings back.
That’s life as a hunter/gatherer for you

☺️ ☺️ 🤗
Afternoon marra, tis a cracking Bakers that but when I stayed in Village it often had no pies left after work😔 The butchers up on way to Horse and Groom used to have canny ones anarl though iirc.

I use a canny on in Chester LS on way to Daughters in Pelton. That is family run as well and do great pies. They have remembered my order now we can go regularly again- Family mince and corned and 2 sausage rolls for the bairns. Bairns always get a thin slice of the pies anarl though.

Enjoy the rest of your day folk's

Afternoon marra, tis a cracking Bakers that but when I stayed in Village it often had no pies left after work😔 The butchers up on way to Horse and Groom used to have canny ones anarl though iirc.

I use a canny on in Chester LS on way to Daughters in Pelton. That is family run as well and do great pies. They have remembered my order now we can go regularly again- Family mince and corned and 2 sausage rolls for the bairns. Bairns always get a thin slice of the pies anarl though.

Afternoon Heroes

Aye the place is full in the morning with all the Sellafield workers queuing up and grabbing them all. The trick is to get there early buy loads and freeze some.Have a great day mate, cos if you do so will I.Didn't realise that the butchers sold pies as well, wouldn't be surprised if that was supplied by Gosforth Bakery as well, cos they supply all the local garages and as far as Egremont.☺️ ☺️

Last edited:

Back