APPRECIATION THREAD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For saving us from division 2 when we had a third division team.
For getting us promoted to the Premiership with the same team.
For the cavalier charge from late '97 to late 2000.
For SKP.
For the Newcastle victories.
For the utter demolition of Chelsea, which is still the finest football I have ever seen from a Sunderland team.
For challenging the 'big' clubs and making them fight for every goal and point they may have got from us.
For putting pride back in the red and white stripes.
For being a decent and honourable man.
For understanding what it all means to us.

For all of this and more, you have my unending gratitude. Good luck in the future - I hope you get a club who deserves you.

cheers reidy

you didn't stay long enough to take us down and for that reason, you will always remain a legend and one of the finest managers we have ever had. thanks for the memories.

Can only echo the other comments.

Good luck to you Reidy.

Dear Peter

I really hoped it would't come to this. You gave us so much more than I ever expected to see. Except for the small number who remember the times before World War II, you produced results and football way beyond anything we had experienced in any of our lifetimes. I don't know why it all went wrong; maybe you don't. We'll always think well of you Peter. Please try to think well of us. Towards the end it may not have seemed it but we loved you; I hope when you look back you'll remember that.

I worry now that not only might you have been the best manger of SAFC in my life so far - you might be the best manager I'll ever see. Whatever happens now, you've given us a shot at the big time. If we make it, you'll be part of that; if we don't, then it was probably better to have glimpsed the sun than to have forever lived in darkness.

Next time you watch a Sunderland game Peter, listen to the hope in our voices - you gave us that.

A truly grateful fan of Sunderland Association Football Club

John

Reidy, I echo many of the moments folk have mentioned previously - Russell versus Sheff Utd to keep us up in '95, Next seasons Promotion, Play off final & Wembley, Bury away and that awesome season, FTM at St James twice and those lofty hights of a near European place. Thank you for letting me experience these times and realising that I SHOULD expect more than windy afternoons getting beat by Walsall & the likes. It's sad to say that almost immediate success and progression dictate so highly in this, the Premiership.

Have a good break mate and come back with another club fighting - don't take it too personaly, the players have to take a lot of the flak for this last years stagnation.

All I can say is that I'm absolutely gutted. It may have gone sour towards the end but to me Reidy will always be a legend at SAFC. I can only echo other comments and I hope that he gets a club that deserves him. At least he gave us genuine hope. I also hope that some of the players take a look at themselves and realise that it was in no small way down to them that he went.

All the best for the future Peter and I really hope your next club comes to Sunderland and kicks their arses cos they deserve it.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

fab memories, tanx a million, good luck for the future

Seven years is a long time to be at a football club. It had to end sometime. As a fan from over the border, I use this messagfe board and website to guage opinion, and I'm pleased to see that there's little in the way of animosity for Peter Reid. From the press reports, you'd think he was ready to be burned at the stake.

The players have really now got to stand up and be counted, I think. The next three games will show if Reid had simply lost the dressing room a la Strachan at Coventry, or if the team just isn't good enough.

:( Thanks for the good times Peter, promotions, victories in skunkland, wembley, SKP, etc.

Good luck in the future but dont try too hard if you visit us with your next team :wink:

cheers Reidy, a million thanks for all the fantastic memories you gave us.Favourite one is Quinny's header at sjp ,closely followed by shearer standing head in hands after Tommy's save. Abso-f***ing-lutely unbeatable feelings and memories for all our lives. I think it was time for you to go, but my best wishes go with you.

Some of the best football memories of my life, 4-2 and 4-1 v Chelsea, the two 2-1's, promo night at Bury. Thanks for that they will never be forgotten. Ultimately, 5 wins in 2002 and 4 goals in 9 games means we were heading for the drop. Good luck in the future, but SAFC comes first

I've waited a while to post my appreciation of Reidy to think about what he's done for the club. I live in Coventry and since I was old enough to wear the red and white stripes I've had the pi$$ ripped out of me for supporting the lads. That simply doesn't happen now. Reid has changed the way most other supporters see our club. Most (obviously not all) envy our status if not our current league position.
Cheers Peter, you've put us back on the map and given us some pride.
Good luck in whatever you do( unless by some quirk of fate you become manager of the skunks or the smoggies!).

REIDY YOUR AN ABSOLUTE LEGEND MATE- YOUVE BROUGHT OUR CLUB FURTHER THAN ANYONE CAN IMAGINE...IF IT WASNT FOR YOU I DONT KNOW WHERE WE'D BE...THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT TIMES YOUVE GAVE US- YOULL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN...GOOD LUCK MATE...

DONT KNOW IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN MENTIONED BUT I REALLY THINK THIS THREAD SHOULD BE PASSED ON TO MR REID VIA THE CLUB WEBSITE OR SOMETHING...HAPPY DAYS...

He came, he saw, he sorted, he kicked ass, he stumbled, he lost the plot, he went!!!!

You will never be forgotton on Wearside for the great job you did for us. Wish you well for the future.

FTM

Aye. Thank You Peter, you stooped me getting bullied by Cockneys at school!! You brought some good memories too they won't be forgotten, unfortunately the time had come though...

All the best!

R

Thanks Reidy

Peter...I for one will never forget what you've done for this club. The team from midway through the Charlton Playoff season 'till the end of our first season in the Premier was the best I have ever seen, with exciting flowing football and hard working committed players. What went wrong?

The time was right, if not overdue, for you to move on and I wish you well in your new role, wherever that is.

Thanks again

Thanks for all the good times. But it just wasn't working and something had to change. Looking back, I wonder if you could have seen it coming and grasped the change yourself - letting Sacko and Inchy go and getting in a top young coach like Cotterill could have had the desired effect and kept management continuity. all the best for success at your next club.

Thanks for everything you've done for our club.

I'm gutted you couldn't stop the slide, and wish you all the best with whatever challenges you take on!!

CHEERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back