Applying for a passport

Appreciate that I'm quite possibly fucked here, but if anyone has applied online for a passport renewal recently, can you tell me how long it took from receipt of the old passport to them updating the tracker thing? I know it was delivered yesterday 13:00 but when I log on it still says waiting for the documents to be returned (but with a note saying it won't update immediately). Wondering when I need to be chasing them because otherwise I'm likely to lose a fuck load of money and spoil and the bairns summer :cry:

Did it last week - Royal Mail said they signed for the old passport at 6am Monday and got a text to say they’d received it Weds PM. Got a text today (a week later) to say the application’s approved.

Did it last week - Royal Mail said they signed for the old passport at 6am Monday and got a text to say they’d received it Weds PM. Got a text today (a week later) to say the application’s approved.
Thank you that's really useful. They signed for the bairns at like 13:00 on Monday. Haven't had a follow up text from them, and the tracker still hasn't updated, but if yours was 2 and a bit days hopefully I'll get a text tomorrow or Friday. Be bricking it if I don't mind!

Sent mine on the 1st of June.

Checked yesterday it said “application processing”

Checked today and it’s now saying it’s gone back a step to “identification received”

Does seem to be luck of the draw like, sent mine off recorded and took them 2 weeks from when royal mail will have delivered it to update it as arrived. Then maybe another 2/3 weeks to say it's complete.

I feel you have enough time unless you are unlucky, I'd be more concerned about them rejecting your application over the photo.

Oldest daughters went to Bootle. Younger to Peterborough.

Got oldest daughters back in 3 weeks. Got message back on youngest after 3 weeks to say photo rejected due to bad light (taken in the same place at the same time as the oldest). Uploaded new photo and got hers within a week.

Appreciate that I'm quite possibly fucked here, but if anyone has applied online for a passport renewal recently, can you tell me how long it took from receipt of the old passport to them updating the tracker thing? I know it was delivered yesterday 13:00 but when I log on it still says waiting for the documents to be returned (but with a note saying it won't update immediately). Wondering when I need to be chasing them because otherwise I'm likely to lose a fuck load of money and spoil and the bairns summer :cry:
Just got mine today. Took no more than 3 weeks.

When's your holiday booked? People I know recently (April May) have been fortunate enough to have theirs back within 3 weeks, some others have been waiting 12 weeks and have only just had theirs printed.

There's an email address for the HMPO offices you can send a chaser to but only if your travel date is within 2 weeks and you must be able to prove this. I believe a team are working on these to get them done in the time frame however this was a month or so ago so may have changed now. Let me know and I'll see if I can dig out the email address for you.

When's your holiday booked? People I know recently (April May) have been fortunate enough to have theirs back within 3 weeks, some others have been waiting 12 weeks and have only just had theirs printed.

There's an email address for the HMPO offices you can send a chaser to but only if your travel date is within 2 weeks and you must be able to prove this. I believe a team are working on these to get them done in the time frame however this was a month or so ago so may have changed now. Let me know and I'll see if I can dig out the email address for you.
Cheers mate, we fly out 29th July, so we had 7 weeks. Should hopefully be okay but I'll panic depending on what I've heard by July! It suggests 4-6 is normal, but to allow 10 and I know I'll need to send a new photo. It's a stress you just don't need like!

I sent my old one and did application last Monday. Just had a text to say new passport being delivered today. I'm.shockec how quick its come

Cheers mate, we fly out 29th July, so we had 7 weeks. Should hopefully be okay but I'll panic depending on what I've heard by July! It suggests 4-6 is normal, but to allow 10 and I know I'll need to send a new photo. It's a stress you just don't need like!
No worries mate... Hopefully that allows enough time for it to be processed and printed. Keep an eye on it and let me know once we get ton early July if it still hasn't arrived.

I did mine 2 month ago, it was listed a s a 4 week turnaround. It took 7 weeks.

From them receiving my old passport in the post to them updating the website took 4 weeks. Wish I used fast track .

Applied at local post office early May ( they did the photo and filled in tbe online form ) they said it could take upto 10 weeks but most were taking 3 weeks ish

It took about 2 weeks for passport office to confirm receipt of old one, then the approval, printing , despatch bits happened very quickly
I think I got an email saying it had been printed and would be passed for despatch in next 3 days …. Actually got it the next day 😁

Fingers crossed you should be fine

Mini Muppet’s passport arrived Monday so just over 2 weeks. Didn’t expect that.

I applied for my 8 yr old sons renewal on 10th April and they received his documents on 15th April. Into week 10 now and still absolutely f#ck all back. The status did say application was progressing in May. Logged back in this week and that’s been deleted and now the last update is back to saying documents received on 15th April.

tried calling but no luck getting through to anyone to speak to.

Did mine and Mrs 2 weeks ago, both online renewals, new ones being delivered today so very quick, make sure photos are correct, mine was classed as ‘good’ when I applied but got rejected, got one at Tesco photo booth and was approved day after 👍

Did mine and Mrs 2 weeks ago, both online renewals, new ones being delivered today so very quick, make sure photos are correct, mine was classed as ‘good’ when I applied but got rejected, got one at Tesco photo booth and was approved day after 👍
Thanks mate. I got the text on Thursday to say they'd got his old passport back, so now I'm just waiting for them to comment on the application which we did online. I know the photo will fail, and I've already taken the bairn to a booth to get proper ones done. When you got the photo rejected did it let you send them by email/ upload using the digital code on the photo booth ones, or did you have to post them in? Wish I could just upload it now, but until they tell me the old one is no good it seems I just have to wait and hope they look at it quickly!

Thanks mate. I got the text on Thursday to say they'd got his old passport back, so now I'm just waiting for them to comment on the application which we did online. I know the photo will fail, and I've already taken the bairn to a booth to get proper ones done. When you got the photo rejected did it let you send them by email/ upload using the digital code on the photo booth ones, or did you have to post them in? Wish I could just upload it now, but until they tell me the old one is no good it seems I just have to wait and hope they look at it quickly!
Yeah you just get the web page to upload again

Back