Appleby horse fair on channel 5 last night.

Genuinely feel sorry for the law abiding folk of Appleby and the surrounding area when that chav fest turns up in town.

And may I add a hint of sympathy (but not too much) for the old timers from the genuine travelling community who’s traditions have been hijacked by the plastic pikies.

Generations of tradition have been ruined by vest wearing wannabee hoss traders .

Bit of a shame really.
Nail on head genuine Romany gypsies are usually decent people with good morals, shame that get tarred with the same brush as "travellers" aka pikeys

Came across really well.
No trouble.
No arrests.
Cleaned up after themselves.

Seemed to me like a few of the locals just don’t like them.

All the locals telling the Indian kid not to open his restaurant “or they will smash it up”
He made a fortune I bet.

Hopefully changed a few views on here too.

Don’t think they cleaned up everything Len

Do you regularly interact with Romanys and Showmen? Not these fake Irish travellers who live in houses but genuine gypsys ? I've only met a handful who havent been sound
I regularly interact with romani gypsies in london and eastern europe. Irish travellers are saints in comparison.

This is a quality documentary about the child trafficking and thieving

I regularly interact with romani gypsies in london and eastern europe. Irish travellers are saints in comparison.

This is a quality documentary about the child trafficking and thieving

Those are actual Romanians :lol: I've maybe used the wrong term, all the gypsies in my area are white English and refer to themselves as Romas to differentiate from Pikeys

Don’t think they cleaned up everything Len

You didn’t see the show did you? If you had you would have realised the media took the pics before they cleaned up. Every last bit. Even showed you the king of the gypsies closing the gate and taking the flag down.

You didn’t see the show did you? If you had you would have realised the media took the pics before they cleaned up. Every last bit. Even showed you the king of the gypsies closing the gate and taking the flag down.
Pardon the pun but that’s horseshit!

Council cleans up the sites after they’ve been there. I’ve no issue with that, well I do as it taxpayers money being used for it, but it would be the same as any festival or gathering like the hopping etc.

Aye.

Try living near a traveller site and not in fantasy land and you’d sharp change your tune.

They are a menace
I have lived next to travellers. They are doing well imo, experts in treading carefully. I like them. They are peaceful people just going about their business the best way they see fit.

Pardon the pun but that’s horseshit!

Council cleans up the sites after they’ve been there. I’ve no issue with that, well I do as it taxpayers money being used for it, but it would be the same as any festival or gathering like the hopping etc.
Watch the show mate. The gypsy king is actually stopping families and sending them back to clean their shit up.
I’ve always said there is horrid fake gypsies but on here everyone tats them with the same brush. There was a really good show earlier this year about travellers where even they said these fakes are the ones spoiling it.
On that show the police shut the river. Now I’ve heard on here time and time again about travellers not having any respect for law. So all of them travellers there and not one went in the river until the cops gave the all clear.
Regarding the mess, the king gypsy even said that media as already been up to take the pictures before the clean up started, it showed you them cleaning and at the end it spotless. The Indian restaurant where they all ate there was no bother when he chased them at closing time, no rascist comments nowt.

Last edited:
Watch the show mate. The gypsy king is actually stopping families and sending them back to clean their shit up.
I’ve always said there is horrid fake gypsies but on here everyone tats them with the same brush. There was a really good show earlier this year about travellers where even they said these fakes are the ones spoiling it.
On that show the police shut the river. Now I’ve heard on here time and time again about travellers not having any respect for law. So all of them travellers there and not one went in the river until the cops gave the all clear.
Regarding the mess, the king gypsy even said that media has already been up to take the pictures before the clean up started, it showed you them cleaning and at the end it spotless. The Indian restaurant where they all ate there was no bother when he chased them at closing time, no rascist comments nowt.
It was that media again doing a false flag.

Regarding the mess, the king gypsy even said that media as already been up to take the pictures before the clean up started, it showed you them cleaning and at the end it spotless. The Indian restaurant where they all ate there was no bother when he chased them at closing time, no rascist comments nowt.
Listen you come across a decent bloke on here, I know you are from gypsy or traveller stock and their could be others like you, but my own experience of them is not a pleasant one.

I’ve countless stories of having to deal with travellers and incidents that my family have had to deal with both financially (severely) and unsociably.

I’ve witnessed first hand the police turn a blind eye to them and the law breaking they get involved with to the point I was arrested and then de- arrested (if that’s the word) due to an incident with them.

Back