Apple TV

Gala

Winger
my daughter has got a ps3 in her bedroom and watches YouTube and Netflix on it but plays no games. She wants Apple TV but she has not explained the pros it will add more than the ps3. Anyone help with the benefits of Apple TV over a ps3?

my daughter has got a ps3 in her bedroom and watches YouTube and Netflix on it but plays no games. She wants Apple TV but she has not explained the pros it will add more than the ps3. Anyone help with the benefits of Apple TV over a ps3?
If she has an iPod / iPad / iPhone she can mirror all of her content to the Apple TV, effectively making her tv a big monitor so it can be used for streaming movies etc.

If she has an iPod / iPad / iPhone she can mirror all of her content to the Apple TV, effectively making her tv a big monitor so it can be used for streaming movies etc.
Thanks mate, she’s got an iPhone and Mac, does it add storage like an external hard drive?

Thanks mate, she’s got an iPhone and Mac, does it add storage like an external hard drive?
Not that I’m aware of. I’m no expert at all; I’m sure more knowledgeable folk will be along to advise. It’s all linked to the Apple ID account, so for example, all my photos and videos are visible on my Apple TV, there’s lots of apps - YouTube, amazon tv etc already preloaded. I tend to use it for streaming movies from my iPad.

Not that I’m aware of. I’m no expert at all; I’m sure more knowledgeable folk will be along to advise. It’s all linked to the Apple ID account, so for example, all my photos and videos are visible on my Apple TV, there’s lots of apps - YouTube, amazon tv etc already preloaded. I tend to use it for streaming movies from my iPad.
Thanks mate, it’s beginning to make a bit of sense and the following is where I’m at:

Good if you haven’t got a PlayStation otherwise pointless?

Last edited:
Just hoyed the Amazon firestick in the loft because of the download this and download that shite. Is a chrome cast better than the amazon shite?
Well its only job is to receive things sent from an app on your phone (or laptop), like iplayer, netflix, or your phone screen. No remote control or apps to download.
Its made by Google but think it works with Apple okay.

Thanks mate, it’s beginning to make a bit of sense and the following is where I’m at.

Good if you haven’t got a PlayStation otherwise pointless?
I used to use mine about once a month, but a little more often now that the kids want to watch paw patrol on Amazon tv in their playroom. Nothing groundbreaking about them. They work well and are straightforward like most apple products, just a bit pointless for me personally.

if its going to be used for streaming from iPhone etc you'll be better off with an appleTV, my fireTVs don't play nice with my apple gear for screen mirroring etc

Youtube and Vimeo I think are standard apps but others can be downloaded, iPlayer, ITVHub, play her iTunes collection through the telly while at the same time displaying her photos. Connect to any other computer on the same network to give access to those libraries, stream videos via Netflix etc., Deezer, Apple Music etc., as well as mirroring anything she has on her iPad or Mac. I haven't fully explored mine yet but it's a great piece of kit IMHO.

Just hoyed the Amazon firestick in the loft because of the download this and download that shite. Is a chrome cast better than the amazon shite?
What “download this and download that shite”? We have 3 Firesticks and I have no idea what this means

Back