Apple Music

Discussion in 'SMB' started by xmfd, May 15, 2019.

1. xmfd

xmfd Winger

Got 6 months free a while back so been using it for a while now.

Is it me or is it just a bit shit?

Suggests one "favourites" playlist a week based on what you listen to - about 20 songs that are mostly the same songs that you've actually been listening to.

Spotify was much better IIRC.

2. Themig

Themig Winger

I use it and enjoy it but then I don’t need telling what I might like, I manage to do that for myself

Chap78 likes this.
  3. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

Apple in telling you what you must do shocker ;)

4. Discopants91

Discopants91 Striker

My Discover Weekly on Spotify is very hit and miss like.

5. daveydavey

daveydavey Striker

I like it but don’t use any algorithms for suggested playlists etc.

The world of music at your hands for £10 a month is good for me.

6. Mickdundee

Mickdundee Central Defender

I love it, me. I don’t usually bother with the suggestions in the “for you” section (althought it’s how I found out about The Legendary Shack Shakers and a couple of others) but the “Similar artists” but at the bottom of an artist’s page is usually pretty good for finding new stuff.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  7. Lester Ballard

Lester Ballard Full Back

Sacked Apple Music off yesterday, which was a big thing for me as I have Apple everything. I updated all my stuff at the weekend and then it wouldn’t let me download music... tried everything.
    Got pissed off and just joined Spotify. I like the feel of it better already.

8. Teed

Teed Striker

:confused: Why would anyone want somebody to provide a playlist, listen to the music you like, or experiment and look for something different, It's nice having a mind of your own.

9. Spotify is easily the best £10 spent per month. Without it I wouldn't have discovered up and coming bands like Mike and the Mechanics and Simple Minds.

10. jacko100

jacko100 Winger

They have to, you were doing it wrong before.

11. Discopants91

Discopants91 Striker

Has nobody ever recommend you listen to something like?

12. Teed

Teed Striker

Aye, like and If I respect their taste in music, I'll listen to it, but I don't really respect a computer algorithm, so would take not a blind bite of notice, besides, I enjoy digging out new stuff myself, hope that's ok with you.

13. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

I always get the feeling there's a mix of algorithms and major label promotions involved in suggested playlists.

Teed likes this.
  14. South Hylton

South Hylton Midfield

Can you not turn off the recommendations/suggested playlists in settings - music - turn off listening history?

15. Discopants91

Discopants91 Striker

It's just a recommendation like, but good on you being a free thinker.

16. Teed

Teed Striker

Like Arkle said, there's usually an agenda behind those kind of recommendations, so I just prefer to make my own choices.

Discopants91 likes this.
  17. LondonMackem

LondonMackem Winger

Spotify shits all over Apple Music and it’s not even close. Much better recommended music when creating a playlist, nicer layout, etc. And that’s coming from an avid Apple product user.

Sossidge Rerls likes this.
  18. I switched from Apple to Amazon music as well. Like it much better

19. Longy

Longy Striker

I give the recommended section a listen to like. As Discopants said, hit & miss, but I just flick through & know pretty much after 30seconds whether to persevere.

Funnily enough, Spotify Recommends introduced me to this little beauty a few weeks ago. I’m not sure why it popped up (could have been listening the the Supremes) but I’m certain none of my mates would have recommended it & nobody I know had heard it.

20. Sleepy

Sleepy Striker

Both have pros and cons imo. I pay for Spotify and get Apple Music for nowt (had it since launch and somehow it’s never expired!)

If I had to chose one to pay for, probably Spotify family, utter bargain!

Can’t agree there mind, Amazon music is shocking!

LondonMackem likes this.